Wiki Posts
Search

Accor Plus - Stay Plus redemption guide

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:29 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FGunawan
What if you count out the Ibis and Ibis Styles hotels?

Of course these hotels are fine if they're suitable for your needs. I just prefer more full service places.........I see that Starwood has 10 now in Australia, with 9 more in the pipeline. W Brisbane slated to open later this year - sounds exciting .
Still 10x, in fact in Sydney alone Accor have more properties than the other two chains entire country footprint.

I like the new build Ibis product, the Ibis Styles in Brisbane is more than comparable to the four points round the corner and down a couple of blocks. Accor's trump card was taking over the Quay Wests and Sebels, some great properties in that collection, while the future appears to be destination focused or niche locales, such as airports or country towns with clubs such as the new Mecure in Tamworth and slightly older Mecure in Gladstone.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:22 pm

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Hi FGunawan ​​​​​​, I spoke to the GM. Seems they want to get clarity from A+ before they move on anything and A+ is not being clear.
They said probably not in time for tomorrow, but they will be reaching out to you. That's the info I got.

I also told him how rediculous the while thing is - and it is clear to him. But they are quite straightforward here in that they don't want to set any precedence if A+ doesn't state anywhere what it should be.

I made all the arguments from our side... Let's see what they do..
Bumping an old thread. Is there any update about this gilbertuae? Will Pullman Jakarta Central Park extend Platinum benefit (esp lounge access) now, after your dinner event with Accor Plus executives?
Old Jun 24, 2017, 8:28 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Bumping an old thread. Is there any update about this gilbertuae? Will Pullman Jakarta Central Park extend Platinum benefit (esp lounge access) now, after your dinner event with Accor Plus executives?
Hmm. Good point. Let me check again next week.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 9:16 pm

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Hmm. Good point. Let me check again next week.
Ok I think I'll just give them a call. Planning to use Stay Plus there for a weekday next week if they grant lounge access now.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:30 pm

I just called Pullman Jakarta Central Park to ask about it, they still say no Platinum benefits are going to be extended for Stay Plus bookings. This was confirmed by the duty manager. I was in no mood to argue.

When you get in touch with the hotel GM again, could you tell him what Accor Plus top brass told you about this matter gilbertuae? So that he can change the hotel's policy about it accordingly. In my experience, this is the only hotel so far that refuses to extend any Platinum benefit at all for Stay Plus bookings. No upgrade, no lounge access, no welcome gift, ...
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:34 pm

JW Marriott gets my booking for next week because of all of this. Frankly at similar prices JW is a much better choice.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
This policy is completely unacceptable. Does the same happen if you pay for the stay entirely with points? What happen's if you book 2 nights; one with Accor Plus and one paid. Do they tell you to get out of the lounge for a day? Does the welcome gift arrive on Day 2?!

It should never matter how you paid for the room (points, special sale price, Accor Plus night etc..) when considering status.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:39 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Second that yorkboy24.

has anyone did an upgrade from stay plus? Example, paying $X more than the free night for a better room? Do the night count as one night?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 3:45 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cowism
Second that yorkboy24.

has anyone did an upgrade from stay plus? Example, paying $X more than the free night for a better room? Do the night count as one night?
I have and often do. But what I also do is to stay multiple nights when I claim the stay Plus. So what I do for example is to book a junior suite for 4 nights (paid) and then pay for an Exec Dlx room (stay plus + extra cost) to then also hope they don't downgrade me for that stay plus night.
And normally that works.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by cowism
Second that yorkboy24.

My 3 experiences using Stay Plus were at Pullman Legian Bali, Pullman Da Nang and Sofitel Auckland. All 3 of them gave me an upgrade without me ever asking.

The most spectacular treatment was at Pullman Da Nang. Not only did they upgrade me to a whole cottage(!) from basic room (some 3 or 4 level upgrade), they left me huge basket of fruits and plenty of dessert items plus a big Vietnamese chocolate bar. To top it all off, for the complimentary airport pick-up they sent me an S-Class Mercedes-Benz! And yes, I used Stay Plus certificate for that stay, and only stayed that one night.
ajarora likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 5:37 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I guess some properties fail to see the value anf purpose of loyalty. I've always been upgraded on my stay plus nighrs too (in SG). Safe travels.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:57 am

My 3 experiences using Stay Plus were at Pullman Legian Bali, Pullman Da Nang and Sofitel Auckland. All 3 of them gave me an upgrade without me ever asking.

The most spectacular treatment was at Pullman Da Nang. Not only did they upgrade me to a whole cottage(!) from basic room (some 3 or 4 level upgrade), they left me huge basket of fruits and plenty of dessert items plus a big Vietnamese chocolate bar. To top it all off, for the complimentary airport pick-up they sent me an S-Class Mercedes-Benz! And yes, I used Stay Plus certificate for that stay, and only stayed that one night.
You should have received an email.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:51 am

You should have received an email.
Indeed I have. I was stunned. You totally amaze me gilbertuae

The general manager of Pullman Central Park reached out to me with very warm language and generously offered all platinum benefits for Stay Plus booking if I'd reconsider making my reservation. I was moved to try making that booking again but alas Stay Plus booking is no longer available for the date I need. It was available on Monday (that's what made me bump this thread in the first place).

I will reply to his email and inform him of this development.

Anyway, I humbly thank you gilbertuae for all your efforts in making all this happen. I hope Pullman Central Park will from now on grant Accor status benefits for Stay Plus bookings.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 6:24 pm

Indeed I have. I was stunned. You totally amaze me gilbertuae

The general manager of Pullman Central Park reached out to me with very warm language and generously offered all platinum benefits for Stay Plus booking if I'd reconsider making my reservation. I was moved to try making that booking again but alas Stay Plus booking is no longer available for the date I need. It was available on Monday (that's what made me bump this thread in the first place).

I will reply to his email and inform him of this development.

Anyway, I humbly thank you gilbertuae for all your efforts in making all this happen. I hope Pullman Central Park will from now on grant Accor status benefits for Stay Plus bookings.
Hey FGunawan, no problems and this is what the community is for. As written to you in the PM, the Stay Plus benefits for LCAH members is a gray area and Accorhotels has acknowledged that it needs looking into to standardize. Even the GM of the Pullman CP agrees. So for now a quick fix has been done, check if they can clear up a night for you and you should be good to go!

For all its minor flaws LCAH and Accor+ have, I appreciate that the whole management is approachable and I see that as good enough for me to stick by them
Old Jun 28, 2017, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: accor
Hey FGunawan, no problems and this is what the community is for. As written to you in the PM, the Stay Plus benefits for LCAH members is a gray area and Accorhotels has acknowledged that it needs looking into to standardize. Even the GM of the Pullman CP agrees. So for now a quick fix has been done, check if they can clear up a night for you and you should be good to go!

For all its minor flaws LCAH and Accor+ have, I appreciate that the whole management is approachable and I see that as good enough for me to stick by them
wow, indeed this is a very good news for us in the region. I will try to call the hotel before using my stay plus if I stop by in Jakarta. Thank you Gilbertaue for making this happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.