Wiki Posts
Search

Accor Plus - Stay Plus redemption guide

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2017, 1:16 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ququin
no problem bro. which is the reason I started this thread, to know which property to avoid and which one give us better value for our stay plus.
ququin if it is convenient for you, could you please PM me your name and when you checked out?

FGunawan I think you can expect a call from the hotel soon.

Will update more when I can.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: accor
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
ququin if it is convenient for you, could you please PM me your name and when you checked out?

Pm-ed. lol, I will be very surprise if the hotel will do anything to my case since I already stayed last week. however to you Gilbertaue, you have my utmost respect in helping members of this forum when we are facing problem with accor system. thank you.

Note: without Gilbertaue help, I wont have my platinum status back due to error in accor system.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 3:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lingua101
BTW, what do you mean by Premium Internet? My last stay at Sofitel Nusa dua, I thought premium internet is free, I did call to enquiry and after checking the staff confirm it is free.

But upon check out, I saw the charges, luckily enough, I did not connect to this premium internet most of the time, as the signal is very weak. After making a "complain" they waived it off.

so does Platinum get Premium Internet or not by default? BTW, it is a paid stay not free or comp.
Hi lingua, usually if staying in Pullman or novotel, I always encounter 2 choice of wifi when you tried to log in, 1 is free with limited speed. the other one is premium paid wifi.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 6:14 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Hi lingua, usually if staying in Pullman or novotel, I always encounter 2 choice of wifi when you tried to log in, 1 is free with limited speed. the other one is premium paid wifi.
So my question, as Platinum should we get the premium for free?
Old Jan 27, 2017, 9:06 am
Original Poster

it not stated clearly however for pullman when upgraded in hotel with lounge they usually give premium wifi access. Since I reach platinum, i can't recall any stay that i did not get free premium wifi if they have one. All of my stays were in pullman, novotel, and few mercure.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Not a published benefit, but some hotel grant it. To be fair, I never had problem with the regular wifi in all Accor hotels I stayed in with only the "basic" wifi offered. Or I should rather say : I don't remember having had problems.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Note: without Gilbertaue help, I wont have my platinum status back due to error in accor system.
Gilbertaue is indeed a very valuable member of this forum ^
Old Jan 27, 2017, 5:51 pm

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles

Gosh what strings did you pull gilbertuae?

No call yet. I'll let you know if they call.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by markis10
Not much choice to follow Hilton/Starwood if your travel plans are in an area of small footprints for those chains, Accor is 10x the hotels in Australia of both Hilton/Starwood combined for instance.
What if you count out the Ibis and Ibis Styles hotels?

Of course these hotels are fine if they're suitable for your needs. I just prefer more full service places.

In Indonesia there are more than 100 Accor properties, but more than half are Ibis and Ibis Styles hotels. And some of the Mercures and Novotels are old and not maintained very well. Even Pullman Surabaya is reportedly a poor choice in town. So the reality is there are only some 30 properties worth considering. For me anyway.

Meanwhile Starwood now has 24 and adding fast. Most of the 24 are desirable properties (although some are very or even too expensive). Of the 8 I have been only Four Points Jakarta was disappointing. I'm very satisfied with the others. My average stay at SPG hotels is more satisfying than my average stay at Accor ones. Even when I had not achieved Gold with them, about 80% of the time they gave me Gold treatment (room upgrade, gifts in my room).

I see that Starwood has 10 now in Australia, with 9 more in the pipeline. W Brisbane slated to open later this year - sounds exciting

Hilton choices are very few in my country. Only 5 - and 3 in Bali alone. But the 2 they have in Jakarta and Bandung are very nice and I find myself repeat guest at these places. Anyway I got status matched to their Diamond level and find the experience very satisfactory. And they have better choices than Accor in some places I want to visit like India and Turkey.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 6:41 pm

Going back to topic relevance - SPG and Hilton give full elite benefits on reward stays. This is very clear in their rules. I suppose this would be equivalent to stays paid (partially) with Accor points redemption, not directly equivalent to Stay Plus nights. But that raises a question - is Accor Plus then considered something like a regular travel agency, completely separate from Accor?
Old Jan 28, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by FGunawan
Going back to topic relevance - SPG and Hilton give full elite benefits on reward stays. This is very clear in their rules. I suppose this would be equivalent to stays paid (partially) with Accor points redemption, not directly equivalent to Stay Plus nights. But that raises a question - is Accor Plus then considered something like a regular travel agency, completely separate from Accor?
It is true on spg, full benefit is given even with rewards stay, including welcoming benefit (which I nornally choose 250 or 500 points).

Accor Plus is a seperate entities. I suspect the hotel got "reimburse" for a each complimentary night not nuch different from rewards stay in other brands that the hotel is being reimbursed by the chain.

I remenber that I stayed at InterContinental Jakarta using points. Upon check I think the stafs was quite new. She gave me a folio and I saw the rate was 500,000 IDR per nights. Later on more senior staff apologized and took back that folio.

I guess that how much the hotel got paid by IHG for each rewards stay.

Again full benefit given.

So eventually there is really no free stay from hotel point of view. They will still get paid somehow.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:25 am

Just for your info gilbertuae, they never called. I had already cancelled my reservation (said so in previous posts) though so perhaps that's the reason they didn't bother. It is not a big deal, my stay is tomorrow and I had already made another reservation after cancelling my stay with them.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:49 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FGunawan
Just for your info gilbertuae, they never called. I had already cancelled my reservation (said so in previous posts) though so perhaps that's the reason they didn't bother. It is not a big deal, my stay is tomorrow and I had already made another reservation after cancelling my stay with them.
Hi FGunawan ​​​​​​, I spoke to the GM. Seems they want to get clarity from A+ before they move on anything and A+ is not being clear.
They said probably not in time for tomorrow, but they will be reaching out to you. That's the info I got.

I also told him how rediculous the while thing is - and it is clear to him. But they are quite straightforward here in that they don't want to set any precedence if A+ doesn't state anywhere what it should be.

I made all the arguments from our side... Let's see what they do..
Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:56 am

gilbertuae, just to give you an update. They never called. I never expected them to anyway.

Stayed at 2 different Hiltons in KL last weekend: Doubletree KL and Hilton Petaling Jaya. Each of these upgraded me to a very spacious, very well appointed suite, from basic room bookings. At this rate, I'll just let my Accor status lapse to Blue next year
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:31 pm

Hilton is much better but the range of properties is quite limited. Decided to sign up for it. The lady said voucher cannot be used at sofitel Singapore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.