Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

very unimpressed with requesting missing points credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

very unimpressed with requesting missing points credit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2016, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Thumbs down very unimpressed with requesting missing points credit

I stayed at an Accor hotel in early June and the points for that stay didn't post. While I fully appreciate that this can happen sometimes, I must say I was very unimpressed with the tedious process of getting those missing points credited:

1) I submitted a request for points to be credited on Aug. 10 using the online form.
2) On Aug. 14 I received a response that I needed to submit a scanned copy of my invoice. Not very impressive since one would assume that the loyalty department has access to the res system, but whatever...
3) The e-mail made a reference to another hotel, not the hotel I had actually stayed at.
4) I got in touch with the hotel, requested a copy of the invoice and immediately submitted it to Le Club Accor.
5) On Sept. 3 I received an e-mail that the missing points have been credited, but of course the points for incidentals (dining) were missing. And whoever processed it, again wasn't able to copy the correct hotel. So I sent off another e-mail.
6) Today I finally received the correct number of points, albeit for a hotel I've never stayed at, but who cares...

Seriously?!? A month of back-and-forth and a load of incompetence to get points credited for a simple stay?

-------

As a point of comparison: The last time I contacted Fairmont FPC to request credit for a missing Swissotel stay, I received a response to my e-mail from a friendly and competent person within 30min and the issue was resolved.

While I don't expect this level of service from a larger chain, Accor's CS seems to leave a lot to be desired. If Accor doesn't want to lose the many loyal Fairmont patrons, it will have to drastically improve.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
My suggestion is to just e-mail the hotel itself. This happened to me once. So I sent an e-mail to the hotel I stayed at and included all the details I felt were relative from my check-out folio receipt. My points posted within two or three days.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 12:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
jasper2009 it is one of life's eternal mysteries how LCAH customer service can be sooooo poor

Having to deal with this "loyalty" programme actually pushes me towards staying at other hotel chains !!
Old Sep 10, 2016, 1:44 am

Programs: Accorhotel IHG Hhonors
Welcome to the club !

I has to open a file on August 18th and I am still waiting for an answer ... The representatives couldn't be more polite on the phone, but utterly useless.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Thanks for the various (somewhat depressing) responses!

At least service is consistent. Not only does the service of the loyalty department leave a lot to be desired, but also are the Accor agents whom I've dealt with as a TA among the least friendly/helpful.

Stupid me for assuming a hotel chain which is trying to expand its 4*-5* portfolio would offer at least semi-decent service.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA PG 1MM - AccorPlus Platinum
Originally Posted by Fanjet
My suggestion is to just e-mail the hotel itself.
+1 this is by far the easiest and fastest way to get missing / incorrect points credited to your account
Old Sep 15, 2016, 12:32 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
yup, about 20% of stays don't post correctly and this is pretty standard for Accor Leclub handling. Usually, you get some standard email that has no relation to your request at all, after a few emails the responses stop - and then eventually, a month later, the points may post...
Going to the hotel does seem like the more efficient path...
Old Oct 1, 2016, 4:58 pm

I will try contacting the hotel to correct my missing stays, but WHAT is the problem with the Accor website support form for submitting missing stays? I enter all the fields, attach the pdf (first), then jpg of my hotel bill. Click submit and the screen zooms up to the top of the page. Every time. I think I have enabled pop-ups for this; what else could it be? They just don't want to hear from us?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.