Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novotel Bangkok Sukhumvit 20

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Plus Platinum l Best Western Diamond l Discovery Platinum l HHonors Diamond
Smile Novotel Bangkok Sukhumvit 20

The Novotel Bangkok Sukhumvit 20 have officially open, the location of the new Novotel is in between 2 BTS station which is about 10 to 15mins walk. The hotel come with a premier lounge.

This is the first Novotel with the latest new generation design which is ready for any feedback from the market before it will replace or roll out at new and current Novotel Hotels.

Interesting design and concept, which some clue of the old design still exist for example the sink and mirror design and also the wardrobe and luggage rack.

Below is a quick preview of the new design.

http://blog.naver.com/brian0104/220726171332
Old Jun 4, 2016, 1:06 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I personally think they should relook the glass table. That's almost impossible to make a mouse work on that surface
Old Jun 4, 2016, 1:30 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
I like the fresh look of the new Novotel. They always have small tables.in the past it's more like a ledge extended out from the main TV console. It's actually an improvement.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Looks very nice indeed. My only "criticism", based on those pictures is that the table/desk is too small.
I hope they will deploy this concept in European Novotels (I try to avoid European Novotels because of the very cold atmosphere of the current design - I much prefer a renovated Mercure).
Old Jun 4, 2016, 10:54 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
The one thing I hate about the new Novotel hotel design is that the shower has no doors, so the water splashes out very easily which annoys the hell out of me.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 7:17 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
I must be missing something? This "latest new generation design" looks very similar to the designs employed at Novotel Jakarta Gajah Mada. At least everything in the guest room is. The only real differences are the desk/chair and the toiletries.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 11:05 pm
R2

Staying at Novotel Sukhumvit 20 now. Very nice fresh modern design. Bed is great, pillows are a bit strange. Shower cubicle is large and with a proper door. I find the desk large enough for laptop, documents and coffee mug.

Aircon is very loud for a new hotel, quite annoying.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 1:54 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by R2
Staying at Novotel Sukhumvit 20 now. Very nice fresh modern design. Bed is great, pillows are a bit strange. Shower cubicle is large and with a proper door. I find the desk large enough for laptop, documents and coffee mug.

Aircon is very loud for a new hotel, quite annoying.
Do you know if the lounge is open and if so, can you comment about it? And if you are elite, did you receive any recognition or benefits?
Old Jun 16, 2016, 4:12 am
R2

The lounge is not yet open. There was a letter from the hotel GM in the room informing and apologizing that some of the facilities are still under construction. I am not elite.

The walk to Sukhumvit Rd / BTS stations is quite long and unpleasant now in the rainy season
Old Jun 16, 2016, 4:54 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by R2
The lounge is not yet open. There was a letter from the hotel GM in the room informing and apologizing that some of the facilities are still under construction. I am not elite.

The walk to Sukhumvit Rd / BTS stations is quite long and unpleasant now in the rainy season
Thanks for your reply. I've been watching this property and the rates have slowly been increasing but still are pretty low. I'll wait to stay here until at least the lounge is open.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 12:47 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Thanks for your reply. I've been watching this property and the rates have slowly been increasing but still are pretty low. I'll wait to stay here until at least the lounge is open.
still no lounge? I saw the building when I was staying at DT. Indeed seem very long walk to Sukhumvit side.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: Finnair Plus Gold(OWS), IHG Gold(Plat Ambassador soon maybe), Accor Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Anyone know if the lounge already open?
It says in the description: "All our Superior room feature added products and services: Executive Club Lounge access, Private check-in and out, and located from levels 23 to 25. Up to 2 adults and 1 child."

Answer to myself: Yes its open.

From TA:
"Is the executive club lounge already in use and what are the benefits in executive room? We travel to Bangkok in January 2017."

Answer: "Our Executive Club lounge has now been open and running for several weeks, even prior to the opening of the club lounge all benefits were provided to guests that book this level of accommodation since our opening
We look forward to welcoming you to the Novotel Bangkok Sukhumvit 20, very soon
Kind regards
Benjamin Krieg
General Manager"

Last edited by Ramitran; Sep 23, 2016 at 8:26 am
Old Oct 9, 2016, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
The lounge is open now. It's attractive and large enough, though the food offerings were limited. There was no afternoon tea (just some nuts and cookies in a jar) and the evening canapes was just some desserts, samosas, and quiche.

Breakfast is on the 7th floor for now. It's an average spread, no better.

Overall, it's a pleasant enough place to stay.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:11 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
The Lounge is open, looks nice, service is friendly and attentive, but the offering is still limited. There is coffee/tea and some dried fruit during the day, a happy hour from 5-7p with wine/beer soft drinks and some small snacks, but not as varied as Novotel SiamSq.
Still no breakfast at lounge. Full breakfast buffet served on 7th floor. It's good selection and not too busy yet, but I still prefer the privacy of breakfast at the lounge, like at the Novotel SiamSq that even offers made-to-order hot dishes.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
They also make a mean Long Island ice tea

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.