Wiki Posts
Search

Bali

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2015, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: All Diamond
Bali

There's apparently somewhere in the region of 20 Accor hotels in Bali but other than Sofitel Nusa Dua (which i have read about on here ) is there any way of finding out which other ones if any have access to lounges as well ? Many thanks in advance
Old Mar 23, 2015, 7:11 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Amarterra in Nusa Dua is a great property ... But no lounge at all and little recognition for Accor Le Club platinum members ...
Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:10 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
I think Sofitel is the only one. There's talk of one going into the Pullman Legian Nirwana but nothing at my last stay.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:45 am

Programs: QF Platinum One, NZ*S, Koru, Accor Le Club Plus Platinum, BW Diamond, Marriott GOLD
Originally Posted by PabloM
I think Sofitel is the only one. There's talk of one going into the Pullman Legian Nirwana but nothing at my last stay.
Sofitel Nusa Dua is a very good choice. Pullman Nirvana is nice too. Avoid MGallery - Royal Beach Seminyak - highly not recommended - i even had a snake at the villa.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KATERGOO
Amarterra in Nusa Dua is a great property ... But no lounge at all and little recognition for Accor Le Club platinum members ...
Noted to avoid then thanks
Originally Posted by PabloM
Thanks for the info not heading there hopefully til December so fingers crossed
Originally Posted by Jacek_C
Sofitel Nusa Dua is a very good choice. Pullman Nirvana is nice too. Avoid MGallery - Royal Beach Seminyak - highly not recommended - i even had a snake at the villa.
Thinking about several days in both places actually but maybe with the lounge etc at Sofitel i should stay there longer
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Jacek_C
Royal Beach Seminyak - highly not recommended - i even had a snake at the villa.
Unless the snake was placed on purpose by a staff member (hmmm by the way, are you James Bond ? ), you cannot really blame the hotel for this !
BSBtraveller and nunogomes like this.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:49 am

Programs: QF Platinum One, NZ*S, Koru, Accor Le Club Plus Platinum, BW Diamond, Marriott GOLD
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Unless the snake was placed on purpose by a staff member (hmmm by the way, are you James Bond ? ), you cannot really blame the hotel for this !
Hehe, I didn't see snakes in any other hotels lol. I don't know whether children would like to have a snake contact. It was reasonably big snake. On top of it plenty of mosquitos and noise, not functioning spa, Bali belly, staff lying at so on. There were many different issues with this hotel. I would rate it 2 stars lol. I didn't even post a tripadvisor review because I was so outraged. I stayed at Ibis Styles Dewi Sri, Pullman Nirvana and Sofitel Nusa Dua - all of these hotel were nice.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 1:01 am

Programs: UA PG 1MM - AccorPlus Platinum
I stayed 5 days at the Sofitel Nusa Dua and 3 days at the Pullman Legian in late January / early February this year. Accor Platinum so got upgraded at both properties.

At the Sofitel I booked the cheapest room and got upgraded to a pool access room - highly recommended - and of course free entrance to the lounge. The Sofitel is superb, staff are absolutely amazing, you can choose to have breakfast in the main restaurant instead of the lounge and that's absolutely fantastic. Overall a great experience, only downside is that Nusa Dua is a bit boring (nothing else to see / do in the area).

The Pullman is not in the same league as the Sofitel and has no lounge - having said that it's a nice property and right in the middle of the action.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by M@rcoPolo
I stayed 5 days at the Sofitel Nusa Dua and 3 days at the Pullman Legian in late January / early February this year. Accor Platinum so got upgraded at both properties.

At the Sofitel I booked the cheapest room and got upgraded to a pool access room - highly recommended - and of course free entrance to the lounge. The Sofitel is superb, staff are absolutely amazing, you can choose to have breakfast in the main restaurant instead of the lounge and that's absolutely fantastic. Overall a great experience, only downside is that Nusa Dua is a bit boring (nothing else to see / do in the area).

The Pullman is not in the same league as the Sofitel and has no lounge - having said that it's a nice property and right in the middle of the action.
Thanks very much for your input ,much appreciated ^ Aren't there just a teeny weeny few bars and restaurant that would keep a grown man happy for a week or so in Nusa Dua. Failing that do you happen to know how much a taxi would cost "to the action"?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:23 am

Programs: UA PG 1MM - AccorPlus Platinum
Originally Posted by sycokid
Thanks very much for your input ,much appreciated ^ Aren't there just a teeny weeny few bars and restaurant that would keep a grown man happy for a week or so in Nusa Dua. Failing that do you happen to know how much a taxi would cost "to the action"?
Nothing much around Nusa Dua besides other 5 star resorts...

Taxis in Bali are super-cheap anyway - a taxi from the Sofitel to Kuta will cost you about US$10, just make sure they put the meter on. Bluebird taxis are usually reliable, see http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTo...xi_s-Bali.html

Alternatively for around US$50 you can get a driver to take you anywhere around Bali for the whole day.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Nothing much around Nusa Dua besides other 5 star resorts...

Taxis in Bali are super-cheap anyway - a taxi from the Sofitel to Kuta will cost you about US$10, just make sure they put the meter on. Bluebird taxis are usually reliable, see http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTo...xi_s-Bali.html

Alternatively for around US$50 you can get a driver to take you anywhere around Bali for the whole day.
Awesome thanks
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: Accor LeClub Platinum, IHG Platinum, SPG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Aegean Gold, AA Platinum
Even better: They now have Uber! However, the Bluebird taxi app is not bad.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 3:10 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T

I stayed at both. Totally agree with you. But I personally think the service in Sofitel which should be 5 stars hotel is not very good.

I was Gold at time, they asked me to check in through GRO, but I did not feel anything personal. Very mechanics and no upgrade at all.

Also personally I like Pullman location (Kuta/Legian) compare to Sofitel (Nusa Dua).

If you go for relaxation and spend a lot of time in the hotel, go to Sofitel. But if you want to be closer to happening place Pullman is better.

Anyone has stayed in The Kuta Beach Heritage Hotel Bali - Managed by Accor? Location is good.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tompoints
Even better: They now have Uber! However, the Bluebird taxi app is not bad.
How reliable is the Bali Uber? I am curious to try it. I hat the taxis in Bali. Blue Bird or not. If you dont have exact change you are screwed, the will say no change, so you end up handing what you have. We had a couple of bad experiences but we also had some good drivers.
nunogomes likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:13 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
How reliable is the Bali Uber? I am curious to try it. I hat the taxis in Bali. Blue Bird or not. If you dont have exact change you are screwed, the will say no change, so you end up handing what you have. We had a couple of bad experiences but we also had some good drivers.
Hit and miss. Especially with the new apps. I do not know if the problem with the apps or the driver.

I saw many cancellation after the request been picked up. Not sure if this is because they saw my destination.

The worst part, the car that I booked never show up and I cannot contact the driver. I end up paying IDR 495,000 for the hotel to send me to airport and barely miss my check in time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.