Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pullman Saigon Centre

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:08 am

Programs: Accor Platinum QF Gold EY Gold
Thanks for the review and photo's. We stayed at the Sofitel last time and planned on doing so again until I saw this thread. I'm looking forward to comparing the Pullman and Sofitel exec lounges.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 10:06 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Has anyone so far been to both Sofitel Saigon, Pullman Saigon and Hotel des Arts Saigon that could please compare both lounges ?

I am especially curious both about offerings in the lounge, food spread, cocktails, as well as, decoration and feeling welcome in the lounge to while away small talk with friends.

Lounges with a terrace on a high floor, such as Sofitel So Bangkok or Novotel Ploenchit Bangkok come to mind as great venues.

Thank you.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 12:23 am

About to leave reluctantly after 7 nights...........

Have just spent 7 wonderful nights here. I had booked three executive rooms and as a Platinum Le Club Accor member had an agreed upgrade to a two bedroom executive suite and a separate executive double as soon as I booked.

All of the Executive Floor benefits are of a very high standard. The complimentary laundering of 2 items daily pleased Mrs T very much. There is a choice of food and soft drinks throughout the day and hot food (2 or 3 dishes) and a bar serving wines and good spirits in the evening as well as a choice of 3 cocktails. The view from the lounge and the rooftop bar upstairs is outstanding. You can see all round HCMC.

The pool area isn't large but it is more than adequate for a couple of hours relaxation in the morning. Since this is the rainy season you can't spend all day anyway. The pool and surrounding rooms etc. are spotless. We all had time in the spa for treatments. They were of a high standard and very good value. Look out for offers that there are on from time to time.

Service has been of a particularly high standard at every level. I mean every level from the maids right up to the GM who sought me out half an hour ago to check that I enjoyed my stay. I have on occasions sought GMs before but never had one seek me! Particular acknowledgement of the caring service of the Executive Lounge staff. Genuinely very nice and determined to look after you.

I haven't stayed in the other Accor properties in HCMC so cannot compare. I have stayed in many properties in Asia and this is well up there with the best.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by pb9997
Has anyone so far been to both Sofitel Saigon, Pullman Saigon and Hotel des Arts Saigon that could please compare both lounges ?

I am especially curious both about offerings in the lounge, food spread, cocktails, as well as, decoration and feeling welcome in the lounge to while away small talk with friends.

Lounges with a terrace on a high floor, such as Sofitel So Bangkok or Novotel Ploenchit Bangkok come to mind as great venues.

Thank you.
I don't think the club lounges have terraces. Hotel des Arts has a nice rooftop bar (and pool) though. When I was there in August the club lounge wasn't ready yet , should be open by now.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by RJ77
I don't think the club lounges have terraces. Hotel des Arts has a nice rooftop bar (and pool) though. When I was there in August the club lounge wasn't ready yet , should be open by now.
turntheheatdown I do very much appreciate your description of the Pullman Saigon lounge, a venue that seems most welcoming either for sipping a cocktail or simply wandering off the mind with the view throughout the city; Your description certainly made me feel great about staying there.

RJ77 I did read about Hotel des Arts pool and rooftop bar, certainly curious. Hopefully when I am there it the lounge is open and I can leave a word.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 11:58 am

There is a balcony in the restaurant next to the lounge in the Pullman, there is a false wall at the far end of the lounge that was half open when we were last there. There was a function on when we were there, but you may be able to sweet talk the staff into letting you take your drink out 'for a photo' or similar if the restaurant is empty.

Not been to Des Artes but between the Sofitel and Pullman lounges I would say:
- Sofitel is more classical luxury. Nice furniture, traditional, welcoming atmosphere. Great drinks, good wine and bubbles. Food hit and miss, but with an afternoon tea - can't remember if Pullman has one. Park views over the zoo and embassies, not a lot to see at night. Staff are great, service extremely polished.
- Pullman is more modern and has better city views, especially good at night/cocktail hour. Seating not so comfy. Great food but the drink selection is more average. Staff are eager but perhaps not as practiced as the Sofitel, where I think many staff have worked for many years.

Honestly they are both great places to be.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 1:30 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, QR Gold, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
My trip to Pullman Saigon early June this year. For the foodies:

Old Oct 22, 2015, 4:53 am

Balcony

[QUOTE=pb9997;25578307]turntheheatdown I do very much appreciate your description of the Pullman Saigon lounge, a venue that seems most welcoming either for sipping a cocktail or simply wandering off the mind with the view throughout the city; Your description certainly made me feel great about staying there.

The only time there seemed to be a restriction on using the open balcony was when the complimentary alcohol was being poured. presumably because they are selling it in the restaurant and upstairs!
Old Oct 22, 2015, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by macabresg
My trip to Pullman Saigon early June this year. For the foodies:

Those pictures look like the day time spread. At night there were at least 2 hot dishes as well.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
That looks like the "Afternoon Tea" spread (1200-1600).

I like this hotel. And at US$289 for three nights in the recent sale - I really like this hotel
Old Oct 6, 2016, 8:16 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Thinking of staying for a few nights this December. Looks good to me. Shame I won't be able to get 3 nights for $289 (as above).
I have Plat status so its nice to see lounges as so LCAH many properties just don't have them.
Anyone have any tips or more recent observations on the place ?
Old Oct 11, 2016, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Thinking of staying for a few nights this December. Looks good to me. Shame I won't be able to get 3 nights for $289 (as above).
I have Plat status so its nice to see lounges as so LCAH many properties just don't have them.
Anyone have any tips or more recent observations on the place ?
Unsure about your age and partying preferences, but I only found out on the last evening how close this property is to the action in the evenings. It appears you are traveling solo, thus, care to leave the property through the door where the hotel van drops off passengers and walk towards left and enter on the first street right. There begins all the bars, parties and fun. I gawked at beers being sold at half a dollar. Both locals and foreigners seem to enjoy their time in bars, restaurants and cafes either eating, drinking or simply people watching in the evenings until the wee hours.

If at all possible consider having breakfast included in your rate; Their breakfast in the first floor is not to be missed. This property takes excellent care of Platinum members, but to be safe, make sure you get a high floor. The views are breath taking when waking up in the morning. Last, but not least, my preferred venue to have the welcome drink is their sky bar, with disco music and great views !
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:16 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Just bumping this thread. Are the reports above still consistent and anyone got comparisons between the Pullman, Sofitel and MGallery? I'm here for 3 nights in December and just trying to work out where to stay.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
My Rating of Pullman Saigon Vs Sofitel Saigon Plaza

Originally Posted by PabloM
Just bumping this thread. Are the reports above still consistent and anyone got comparisons between the Pullman, Sofitel and MGallery? I'm here for 3 nights in December and just trying to work out where to stay.
I stayed in Both Pullman and Sofitel last month as a Platinum member. Split between these 2 hotels for a week stay in HCMC. I will take Pullman anytime. Sofitel is currently having renovation. I cannot sleep during day time due to the noise from renovation. Regretted my move to Sofitel. Sofitel did not indicate that they are undergoing renovation at all.

Pullman Saigon ^
Good :

1) Great service from door man all the way to club lounge staff and the fantastic Manager (Mr Thieu/Dennis)
2) This is the best Pullman I ever stayed (around 10 or so in Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, China etc)
3) Excellent customer service even prior to check in. Hotel sent a list of club lounge benefits to inform me of my entitlement as a Platinum member. I wish more hotels can follow such example
4) Mr Thieu (Dennis) is very helpful with his recommendations about restaurants, clubs etc. He always make a point to visit the guests during the Club Lounge Happy Hours to greet and speak to all the guests and he is so helpful, forthcoming and sincere. He even printed out 3 pages of restaurants recommendation and 1 page for clubs for me. This is epitome of great customer service
5) Good recognition of Platinum member and benefits with free laundry (2 pcs) daily. Choice of complimentary breakfast either in the main restaurant or club lounge
6) Welcome drink can be redeemed on the rooftop bar and the staffs at the rooftop bar are polite and friendly
7) Walking distance to Pham Ngu Lao and Bui Vien Street for some cheap beer bars and people watching
8) I checked out after staying here for 3 nights to move into Sofitel nearby which I utterly regret
9) Overall, the hotel is blessed to have such a young, energetic and compassionate team

Bad :
1) Location is off the main District 1 area but taxi is plenty and cheap so this is not an issue
2) The restaurant located next to the Club Lounge was closed for renovation. I was told that this is a popular and high rated restaurant in HCMC which serves very nice food

I rate my stay to be 8.5 out of 10.

Sofitel Saigon Plaza
Hotel is under refurbishment. Noisy and Pathetic Bathroom
Good :
1) Service was good all rounded from doorman to front desk and club lounge

2) Club lounge staff was responsive and helpful when I feedback that I dislike the toilet as it was an old type bathtub standing shower. It's extremely small space and dangerous to stand and take a shower. The female staff (forgot her name) recommended me to change to another room on the second day but I have to pack and unpack my luggage and it will take another 1 hour so I declined her kind gesture

3) Breakfast was good

4) Good recognition of Platinum member benefits although I did not use many of the benefits. Welcome drink coupon, option to have breakfast either in the main restaurant or club lounge etc

5) I left some items in the room after checkout and I received an email on the same day that they found my items. I commended the hotel for their honesty and speedy gesture

Bad :
1) The hotel did not indicate or state in the website prior to my booking that they are undergoing refurbishment. I will not book if I knew that the hotel is under refurbishment as I hate noise. The drilling and knocking from the renovation made me unable to sleep during the afternoon. As a result, I have to resort to spending most of my time outside the hotel since I was not able to rest in the room

2) Hotel also did not indicate that the toilet is small and that the shower is just an old type (70s to 80s) bathtub standing shower. I will not have booked this hotel if I knew that the toilet is such pathetic bathtub standing shower type. Having just checked out from the nearby Pullman Saigon Center hotel which have separate bathtub and standing shower, this toilet is just like heaven and hell feeling. I hate such shower because it is extremely dangerous (slippery, small area and difficult to have a proper shower). I had several bad experiences in the past when I slipped and fell and hurt my back when taking showers in such bathtub. Thus, I went to the swimming pool toilet to take a shower on the first day but just have to accept and adapt to this bathtub on the second and third day

Overall, the services from the staffs are good. However, I feel that I have been let down by the lack of information prior to my booking. The hotel should indicate on their website that they are undergoing refurbishment etc and that noise is expected. Some hotels such as Pullman King Power Bangkok clearly mentioned that they are undergoing refurbishment so that guests can make informed decision whether they can accept the noise.

I will not have stayed here if I know that there is ongoing renovations and that there is constant drilling and knocking. This is pretty frustrating since I was not able to rest and sleep in my room during the day time. I have to resort to spending my time walking aimlessly in the city.

The toilet is also pathetic. Again, I will not have booked if I knew that it's an old type standing bathtub shower due to safety concern.

I rate my stay to be 4 out of 10 since I was not able to enjoy my stay due to the lack of information provided by the hotel prior to my stay, the incessant noise and the pathetic small toilet, resulting in extreme inconvenience for me.

I will not return to this hotel since there are many better options available
Kobetraveller likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 6:11 pm

Great information in this therad for me just going to book my stays in Saigon for april 2019. Thanks! So if the choice is between Pullman, Sofitel and Novotel the recommendation is still Pullman?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.