Wiki Posts
Search

New online "check in"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2018, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does OLCI assign the room?

IMH indicated so in post #93 .
The reason I'm bumping this thread and asking is that I'll be arriving ATH at 12.40am on a TATL (via CDG).
I've got a booking at the airport Sofitel, and I'm wondering if I do OLCI, will it help me avoid getting the broom closet next to the lift due to such a late check in (probably after 1 am)?
I don't care about upgrades or having to refill the paperwork at the desk, just hoping for a decent night's sleep.
Anyone not think it's worth a shot?
Thanks.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 12:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I don't see OLCI can help much in your case. if the OLCI assign you to the very brrom cupboard you wish to avoid then nothing you can do.

Perhaps call or even email the hotel and inform them your preference and expected arrival time ?

My experience with OLCI is with Sofitel SO Singapore.
Didn't get upgrade at that time, not sure if OLCI is to blame or hotel just full.
But then I still need to do the normal formalities ... show ID ... sign some papers etc

Really didn't see any effect of using OLCI
Old Mar 11, 2018, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by rickg523
IMH indicated so in post #93 .
The reason I'm bumping this thread and asking is that I'll be arriving ATH at 12.40am on a TATL (via CDG).
I've got a booking at the airport Sofitel, and I'm wondering if I do OLCI, will it help me avoid getting the broom closet next to the lift due to such a late check in (probably after 1 am)?
I don't care about upgrades or having to refill the paperwork at the desk, just hoping for a decent night's sleep.
Anyone not think it's worth a shot?
Thanks.
Originally Posted by kaizen7
I don't see OLCI can help much in your case. if the OLCI assign you to the very brrom cupboard you wish to avoid then nothing you can do.

Perhaps call or even email the hotel and inform them your preference and expected arrival time ?

My experience with OLCI is with Sofitel SO Singapore.
Didn't get upgrade at that time, not sure if OLCI is to blame or hotel just full.
But then I still need to do the normal formalities ... show ID ... sign some papers etc

Really didn't see any effect of using OLCI
I don't think OLCI is assigning any room and, as kaizen7 said, the best in your case is to e-mail the hotel.
I never use OLCI (last time was 2 years ago) after too many problems due to Accor IT, and I don't miss it as it is totally useless anyway.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I don't think OLCI is assigning any room and, as kaizen7 said, the best in your case is to e-mail the hotel.
I never use OLCI (last time was 2 years ago) after too many problems due to Accor IT, and I don't miss it as it is totally useless anyway.
Thanks guys. I guess I'll skip that OLCI.
I've already contacted the property to let them know of the arrival time (which was changed by AF after I made the hotel reservation) since my booking is for Wednesday and I'm not actually arriving until Thursday morning and checking out later that morning.
My preferences are in my profile. But...big but... I've no status with Accor at all (well, Blue, but that's as good as none).
I'll shoot them a short email.
Thanks again for taking the time to respond.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:33 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
I just had a look at it today...there doesn't seem to be an option to pick the floor and room you want (like with Hilton) so what's the point ?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:03 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
No point, really. I used a few times and every the key was not ready and I had to sign documents.
hotel_user and Dav77 like this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:54 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Normally a waste of everyone's time. Best to e mail, and then arrive and smile wait for the welcome drink voucher(s) and non upgrade

Then you need to get the receipt corrected and printed for the points / nights etc
Dav77 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I did use olci few months ago at non accor hotel.
but thats because i will be arriving late (close to midnight on check in day) and i did that to confirm that the hotel didnt cancel my reservation.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:39 am

Programs: Le Club Accor Gold
I usually use online check-in, but the room key is not always ready.

I also had problems using online check-in, because when you check in online, the accor system understands that the reservation has changed (and sends an email with that information). According to the accor customer service this was the reason for the points of the last promotion were not automatically credited.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
OLCI is totally useless. We all know that.
starflyergold likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:21 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Dear members,

The improvement of the customer experience related to online check-in is part of our 2019 projects.

Thank you for your feedbacks that reinforce us in this idea of making it a priority, and that will allow us to better meet your expectations.

Best regards,
Amy
Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge
Thank you for your feedbacks that reinforce us in this idea of making it a priority, and that will allow us to better meet your expectations.
Dear Amy
fair enough if Accor wants to improve OLCI, but should this be a priority ??? I think many other things should have a priority over this !
hotel_user and est-gratuite like this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:52 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Dear Amy
fair enough if Accor wants to improve OLCI, but should this be a priority ??? I think many other things should have a priority over this !
A fully functioning website comes to mind.....
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:58 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge
Thank you for your feedbacks that reinforce us in this idea of making it a priority [...]
I think you may have misunderstood some of the feedback. Quite a few people have reported that OLCI doesn't appear to be very useful, or easy to use, but I don't think anyone here feels that it's very important.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:21 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Agreed with everybody here. It is a nice to have but not a must have. If Accor makes this a priority either they don’t understand the feedback or the customer needs,
hotel_user and est-gratuite like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.