FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Sofitel master lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1508546-sofitel-master-lounge-thread.html)

IMH Oct 3, 2013 1:00 pm

Sofitel master lounge thread

This thread is one of two Accor lounge threads -- the other thread is for "everything except Sofitel".

Please feel free to add content, either by posting reports/reviews to the thread and/or by editing the wikipost.

Among the things that will interest people coming to the thread are:

Which hotels have lounges?

Reports on the lounges, including size, style, food and drink offerings, other facilities, service, location within the hotel, view.

Whether access is granted to Platinum Le Club members who have not booked Club rooms (including lounge access granted together with room upgrades).

nicolas75 Oct 5, 2013 3:37 pm

Only 17% of Sofitels have lounge.

There is room for improvement.

yorkboy24 Oct 15, 2013 12:18 am

Macau Ponte 16 - Extensive range of snacks, fresh juices, champagne at breakfast, special afternoon tea set

Krabi - Club Hemingway: lounge area and cafe with drinks and snacks, including evening canapes. No breakfast served in lounge.

Hanoi - breakfast served, evening cocktails, great views of lake.

Humen Oriental - no longer Accor

KRS Oct 15, 2013 2:28 pm

Sofitel LHR T5

Stayed at Sofitel LHR T5 on 4 Oct. Lounge access granted to Platinum. See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21612469-post105.html

IMH Nov 6, 2013 8:41 am

Melbourne and Sydney Sofitels now explicitly denying lounge access

The Melbourne and Sydney hotel websites now explicitly state that lounge access will not be granted as a Platinum benefit. The lounge pages now carry the following text (punctuation as in original):

Please be aware, the LeClub Platinum member benefit of complimentary ‘access to Executive lounge’ is not offered at this hotel. All other LeClub Platinum member benefits are recognised.

Yul_voyager Nov 6, 2013 12:37 pm

Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour was added to the list.
Hope this one is open to platinum members...

PabloM Nov 6, 2013 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager (Post 21739381)

I stayed there a month ago and there wasn't even mention of a lounge. Does it actually have one? They gave me ZERO platinum benefits - would never stay again. I even had to email them 3 times to get my Le Club Points.

smeags_nz Nov 6, 2013 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager (Post 21739381)

I'm staying there this weekend, so will let you know.

Yul_voyager Nov 6, 2013 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by PabloM (Post 21739627)
I stayed there a month ago and there wasn't even mention of a lounge. Does it actually have one? They gave me ZERO platinum benefits - would never stay again. I even had to email them 3 times to get my Le Club Points.

I don't know if there is actually a lounge but it listed on the Sofitel website and also on the hotel site. It seems to be very new.
Would be interested to hear about your experience (did you post on the elite experience thread ?), did they deny the benefits after you requested them or you didn't want to request anything ?

PabloM Nov 8, 2013 3:31 am

Anyone know the email addresses of the GMs at the Brisbane and Melbourne Sofitel's? Wondering if they received a barrage of emails they might relent and change their policy.

AccorHotels Concierge Nov 8, 2013 9:03 am

Hello,
We are looking into why Sofitel Sydney and Melbourne are not granting access to Platinum members.
Here is the list of the hotels not participating in Le Club Accorhotels :

http://imageshack.com/a/img837/999/vt31.png

I will get to you as soon as I have more information.
Thank you!

IMH Nov 8, 2013 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Accor Concierge (Post 21750088)
We are looking into why Sofitel Sydney and Melbourne are not granting access to Platinum members.

Thank you, it's appreciated and I hope people will remember you're the messenger rather than the author of this mess.

nicolas75 Nov 11, 2013 9:40 am

Originally Posted by IMH (Post 21750755)
Thank you, it's appreciated and I hope people will remember you're the messenger rather than the author of this mess.

Being the messenger of one of the poorest hotels loyalty programs is not an easy job indeed.

cg346 Nov 21, 2013 6:40 am

Any news on the Sofitel in Sydney not granting Accor Plat lounge access? I have an upcoming stay in a few days and was really counting on this...

Chris

IMH Nov 21, 2013 9:03 am

Originally Posted by cg346 (Post 21825641)
Any news on the Sofitel in Sydney [...]? I have an upcoming stay in a few days [...]

As of today both the Melbourne and Sydney websites still feature the text I quoted at post 6 above :( and Accor Concierge hasn't yet got back to us.

I wish you luck (and look forward to your report).