Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2010, 4:03 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit

Just went on a tour today of this new property with seanthepilot. They are still putting the finishing touches and will have a soft opening on Dec. 22 with two floors only. Ultra modern design with an excellent location right at Ploenchit BTS station at the corner of Sukhumvit and Soi Ruam Ruedi:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/...7625490581361/

For THB 2,499 Per room per night the openning offer is as follow:

• F&B Cash back voucher at THB 400 redeemable at check-out
  • Complimentary drink at Dee Lounge or Pool bar.
  • Complimentary one day BTS pass
  • Late check out of 4 PM (subject to availability)
  • Valid from Dec 22, 2010-March 31, 2011

Last edited by Kalboz; Dec 17, 2010 at 4:45 am
Old Dec 17, 2010, 9:27 am

Thanks Kal: Looks a lot like that joint on Soi 15 we were all excited about (but that is so last week). Love the location, since I like to hang at Bacchus. This'll be scooped up quickly during one of those Accor 50% off sales. wj
Old Dec 18, 2010, 4:23 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Thanks for sharing Kalboz
Old Dec 20, 2010, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Room interior looks like Taipei Airport Novotel to a "T"!
Old Dec 29, 2010, 2:32 pm

I booked a stay for Feb. 2011. Two perhaps silly questions about the bathroom:

1. I assume there is some sort of privacy shade/curtain in the bathroom
2. I don't seem to see a shower curtain separating the shower from the rest of the bathroom (maybe it's the angle of the photo). I know and (dislike) the Asian concept of a "wet bathroom." I hope there's a door or curtain.

Also, the hotel quoted me B1500 for a car from the airport. We are arriving after midnight and will be exhausted and jet-lagged. I'm tempted to take them up on the offer rather than dealing with taxis. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by guy44134
I booked a stay for Feb. 2011. Two perhaps silly questions about the bathroom:

1. I assume there is some sort of privacy shade/curtain in the bathroom
2. I don't seem to see a shower curtain separating the shower from the rest of the bathroom (maybe it's the angle of the photo). I know and (dislike) the Asian concept of a "wet bathroom." I hope there's a door or curtain.

Also, the hotel quoted me B1500 for a car from the airport. We are arriving after midnight and will be exhausted and jet-lagged. I'm tempted to take them up on the offer rather than dealing with taxis. Any thoughts on this?
There is an automated curtain between the the bedroom and the glass-enclosed shower. I am not sure (as I don't recall) if there was another curtain between the shower and the rest of the bathroom. But the bathroom comode has a privacy door separating it from the rest of the bathroom.

As for airport transportation, I would take a taxi. Go to the ground floor at BKK and head to the Taxi stand outside (I believe exit # 4). With tools and tip you won't be paying more than THB 400 ($12) from BKK to Phloenchit. THB 1500 is abit over $50.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 11:18 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
I was with Kalboz when we viewed the property. Taking another look at his photo, http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/...25490581361/#/ it appears that there is a glass wall between the shower stall and the rest of the bathroom, with an open door that is outside of the splash zone, confirmed in this photo http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/...7625490581361/
Old Jan 3, 2011, 2:09 am

[QUOTE=Kalboz;15547000 Go to the ground floor at BKK and head to the Taxi stand outside (I believe exit # 4). With tools and tip you won't be paying more than THB 400 ($12) from BKK to Phloenchit. THB 1500 is abit over $50.[/QUOTE]

+1.

1500 Baht is crazy.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 4:20 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by camsean
+1.

1500 Baht is crazy.
Not as bad as the 2000 BHT the Sofitel Silom quoted me today
Old Jan 3, 2011, 4:16 pm

Soft Opening?

I'm always concerned when I see the words "soft opening". Any feedback on what facilities of the hotel are not yet operational?
Old Jan 3, 2011, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Welcome to Flyertalk mpp2234!

We are still waiting for someone to report about an actual stay. The property was opened on 22 Dec. 2010.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 9:51 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Thanks for the photos. It will be interesting to see how the reports are. If memory serves me correctly there really isnt much directly close to this BTS station entrance? Seems like I remember some hotels close but nothing pretty much directly attached.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 12:54 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by mpp2234
I'm always concerned when I see the words "soft opening". Any feedback on what facilities of the hotel are not yet operational?
They told us that they are initially opening 2 floors. Since this was weeks ago, I'm guessing that they've since expanded it and opened even more floors.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:56 pm

Hotel Review

I have booked the Hotel on 20th Jan. I'll post a review on the service and facilities following.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:21 am

Waiting for more reviews

I am planning to stay here in March..
Will book rooms after the reviews from users...

Also does this hotel has a bath tub in bathrooms..?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.