Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Non-refundable booking - will I still get points if I don't show?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2010, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors Gold, Club Accorhotels Silver

I have a booking for the Sofitel Gatwick in Monday night, on a non-flexible or refundable rate. Its looking likely my flight on Tuesday morning will be cancelled.
Its a work trip so I'll get the cost of the hotel back on expenses, but if I don't show up any ideas what my chances are of getting the a-club points?

I'm almost tempted to show up anyway and check in for a couple of hours!
Old Apr 18, 2010, 10:24 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
No shows don't earn any points. I'd check with the hotel if they will waive the "non refundable" condition in the current circumstances.

Failing that of course you could enjoy the room regardless.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks for that.

I'll either try and get the cost waived, or possibly turn up, check in, use my free drink voucher (I'm A-Club silver), take the toiletries, check out and come home
Old Apr 19, 2010, 5:01 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by hingethunder
...check in, use my free drink voucher (I'm A-Club silver), take the toiletries, check out and come home
Hehehe... Best plan I have heard in a very long time
Old Apr 19, 2010, 9:26 am
Original Poster

So my flight has now been cancelled - I just called the Sofitel and they were happy to move my reservation to a later date. At the moment its 30th June, and I just have to call them when I know the date I'll be flying out of Gatwick.
(fine, as I fly out of there regularly)

Very happy with this, particularly since I would have missed the cancellation deadline even if this was a flexible booking. ^
Old Apr 21, 2010, 4:13 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Cop this - I had to miss a prepaid reservation @ the Sydney Hilton, didn't show (didn't call to cancel) - 48hrs later the points and stay posted on my HH statement, a week later I got 1,000 QFF points for the stay.

How good is that?
Old Apr 24, 2010, 3:39 am

Programs: LX HON, Radisson Platinum, Hilton Gold
Same experience here. Last October I got one night credited from the Mercure in Brisbane even though I stayed with friends on the Gold Coast.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 3:53 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
By God, you've cracked the secret of getting your A-Club points to post automatically - don't show up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.