Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Fairmont Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Hamburg [not participating in ALL]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Hamburg [not participating in ALL]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2013, 8:33 pm
MKB

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Are you sure you stayed in a Lakefront Suite?
How would I know? The confirmation stated "Lakefront Suite King" and the front desk staff insisted it was the correct category. But it did not have some of the facilities listed on the website.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Just returned from the Fairmont Vier Jahreszeiten and had an excellent stay!

I had the pleasure of staying in the Penthouse Suite which is a one-bedroom suite located on the 5th floor (Bel Etage) and features a massive patio overlooking the Inner Alster.

The patio can be accessed from both the bedroom and living room and has some very comfortable patio furniture; I thoroughly enjoyed the views from the patio while having breakfast or a glass of wine at night.

Platinum welcome amenity consisted of a half bottle of red wine, some nuts and a fruit plate.

Overall, an outstanding stay!^
Old Sep 14, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Just returned from the Fairmont Vier Jahreszeiten and had an excellent stay!

I had the pleasure of staying in the Penthouse Suite which is a one-bedroom suite located on the 5th floor (Bel Etage) and features a massive patio overlooking the Inner Alster.

The patio can be accessed from both the bedroom and living room and has some very comfortable patio furniture; I thoroughly enjoyed the views from the patio while having breakfast or a glass of wine at night.

Platinum welcome amenity consisted of a half bottle of red wine, some nuts and a fruit plate.

Overall, an outstanding stay!^
That's good to hear, Jasper2009. I'll stay there on Friday using my (Fairmont Platinum) free night and suite upgrade certificate. I'm looking forward to discovering the Lakefront Suite and also to dining at Haerlin, where I'll use my dining certificates. The only downside is that breakfast isn't included, but from what I read on this thread it's worth going for it nonetheless. May I ask if you were upgraded to the Penthouse Suite? Also, what does "Bel Etage" mean besides top floor?
Old Sep 14, 2015, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JohnRain
That's good to hear, Jasper2009. I'll stay there on Friday using my (Fairmont Platinum) free night and suite upgrade certificate. I'm looking forward to discovering the Lakefront Suite and also to dining at Haerlin, where I'll use my dining certificates. The only downside is that breakfast isn't included, but from what I read on this thread it's worth going for it nonetheless. May I ask if you were upgraded to the Penthouse Suite? Also, what does "Bel Etage" mean besides top floor?
The Lakefront Suite is very nice and spacious.

And yes, I was upgraded to the Penthouse Suite - certainly not expected, but a very nice gesture (and much appreciated, since I was travelling with friends). FWIW, I've stayed there multiple times as a Plat member and this was the first time I received a comp. upgrade.

Bel Etage merely is the name of the top floor ("Etage" means floor in German).
Old Sep 14, 2015, 10:52 am

The Lakefront Suite is very nice and spacious.

And yes, I was upgraded to the Penthouse Suite - certainly not expected, but a very nice gesture (and much appreciated, since I was travelling with friends). FWIW, I've stayed there multiple times as a Plat member and this was the first time I received a comp. upgrade.

Bel Etage merely is the name of the top floor ("Etage" means floor in German).
Thanks for the additional info Jasper2009, much appreciated.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the additional info Jasper2009, much appreciated.
You're welcome! To answer your previous question: Breakfast is excellent, though certainly not cheap at 39Euros/person. There are many decent options nearby in the 10-15Euros range, though obviously the breakfast at the Fairmont will be better.

Personally, I thought buying some bread rolls and croissants, smoked meat, cheese, smoked salmon, juice and sparkling wine at the Rewe supermarket 300m away and enjoying a nice breakfast with friends on the patio while paying <10Euros/person was hard to beat.

Then again, I'm a cheapskate.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 11:53 pm

You're welcome! To answer your previous question: Breakfast is excellent, though certainly not cheap at 39Euros/person. There are many decent options nearby in the 10-15Euros range, though obviously the breakfast at the Fairmont will be better.

Personally, I thought buying some bread rolls and croissants, smoked meat, cheese, smoked salmon, juice and sparkling wine at the Rewe supermarket 300m away and enjoying a nice breakfast with friends on the patio while paying <10Euros/person was hard to beat.

Then again, I'm a cheapskate.
Well, I'm a cheapskate too, but I have a lot of dining certificates to burn (at the Haerlin) and two gift cards that I have to use before they expire, so I might just go for the Fairmont breakfast as it's "on the house" ...

Now, should I get the same upgrade as you (highly unlikely I guess), I'll make good use of the patio if the weather plays along with a good bottle from Rewe to enjoy with a view...
Old Sep 17, 2015, 6:40 am
Suspended

This property is nearly on par with Mandarin Oriental. Especially after the recent renovation.

Fabulous.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 4:14 am

I just returned from this property and can indeed confirm that it is stunning.
I was upgraded to a 95sqm Celebrity Suite with full Lake View. The 2* restaurant Haerlin was the other highlight, superb cuisine and setting. All in all, a most memorable weekend.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just returned from this property and can indeed confirm that it is stunning.
I was upgraded to a 95sqm Celebrity Suite with full Lake View. The 2* restaurant Haerlin was the other highlight, superb cuisine and setting. All in all, a most memorable weekend.
Wow - may I ask which celebrity suite you stayed in?
Old Sep 21, 2015, 7:11 am

Wow - may I ask which celebrity suite you stayed in?
Of course, it was the Maria Callas Suite. Simply wonderful. I'll post some pictures later.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 5:30 am

I just posted a few pics of the Maria Callas suite here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...y-shot-11.html

Pics of the tasting menu at the hotel's 2 Michelin star restaurant Haerlin will follow tomorrow.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 1:13 pm

It looks to me as though the only "Fairmont" rooms here accommodate one person only. Does that mean free night cents don't work here for 2?
Old Mar 26, 2016, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lkar
It looks to me as though the only "Fairmont" rooms here accommodate one person only. Does that mean free night cents don't work here for 2?
I have used the free night cert for 2 people in room at this property
Old Jul 18, 2016, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by acysb87
I have used the free night cert for 2 people in room at this property
For what it's worth, I just called to book and was told that for a room for more than one person, I needed to use the cert to book a one-person Fairmont room and also use an upgrade cert. I may try to call back and see if I get a different answer, but it's rather silly to only permit the free night cert for a one-person room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.