FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Wrong status at hotel - does this happen often? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1947854-wrong-status-hotel-does-happen-often.html)

sxc Dec 27, 2018 10:58 pm

Wrong status at hotel - does this happen often?

Checked into the Pullman Sydney Hyde Park and I asked about the executive lounge. Check in desk said it’s only available to platinum members. I showed her my electronic card in the app and she said “oh we don’t have that status. I’ll update it now.”

Later when they delivered my amenity there was a printed card welcoming me as a gold member.

So does this happen often? I can understand if they don’t have my status at all, but why would it be wrong? And I have had this status all this year.

gilbertaue Dec 27, 2018 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by sxc (Post 30580785)
Checked into the Pullman Sydney Hyde Park and I asked about the executive lounge. Check in desk said it’s only available to platinum members. I showed her my electronic card in the app and she said “oh we don’t have that status. I’ll update it now.”

Later when they delivered my amenity there was a printed card welcoming me as a gold member.

So does this happen often? I can understand if they don’t have my status at all, but why would it be wrong? And I have had this status all this year.

I've not encountered this. May be interesting to find out how this could happen. I'd understand if it was a recent upgrade - but you've had it all year.

Maelstrom Dec 28, 2018 12:06 am

Have you stayed at the property previously on a Gold membership? Perhaps they merged your profiles together and it so happened that the profile with the Gold membership status "won out."

Goldorak Dec 28, 2018 12:08 am

I never had this problem. Were you Gold when you booked ?

sxc Dec 28, 2018 8:10 pm

Haven’t stayed here before and I wasn’t a gold when booking.

ConsultCanada Dec 30, 2018 7:44 pm

I've had this happen to me. I had to show them my platinum membership on my phone app. Very frustrating and inconvenient.

lingua101 Dec 30, 2018 9:42 pm

Well actually it did happen to me when I checked in at Pullman Legian. I notice the package that they prepared has a Silver sticker when I am a Gold actually.

and yes, I did the booked when I was Silver. But the system should update right

BSBtraveller Dec 31, 2018 12:10 am

Happened to me last week at Grand Mercure K Jakarta. But since that place is a hot mess in every department, I’m not surprised. I sent an email to Accor + 5 days ago asking how this happens - no reply (again, not surprised).

Maelstrom Dec 31, 2018 1:54 am

Originally Posted by lingua101 (Post 30590086)

and yes, I did the booked when I was Silver. But the system should update right

When the booking downloads into Opera, it will have whatever status you had when you made the booking. It does not automatically update. Some hotels may take the initiative to do a search of memberships and manually update it prior to arrival. But I would recommend contacting the hotel and alerting them of a change in status.

lingua101 Dec 31, 2018 2:01 am

Originally Posted by BSBtraveller (Post 30590332)
Happened to me last week at Grand Mercure K Jakarta. But since that place is a hot mess in every department, I’m not surprised. I sent an email to Accor + 5 days ago asking how this happens - no reply (again, not surprised).

it is not hotel fault.it should be Accor fault

lingua101 Dec 31, 2018 2:03 am

Originally Posted by Maelstrom (Post 30590500)
When the booking downloads into Opera, it will have whatever status you had when you made the booking. It does not automatically update. Some hotels may take the initiative to do a search of memberships and manually update it prior to arrival. But I would recommend contacting the hotel and alerting them of a change in status.

this is not a good way to build the system. The system should refresh a day prior to arrival. Especially when I did online check in.

i Guess Accor won’t be bother of this kind of situation as the percentage should be Low. There are far more issues to handle

Goldorak Dec 31, 2018 3:16 am

Originally Posted by lingua101 (Post 30590527)

this is not a good way to build the system. The system should refresh a day prior to arrival. Especially when I did online check in.

i Guess Accor won’t be bother of this kind of situation as the percentage should be Low. There are far more issues to handle

this issue is also very common with airlines FFP. When you change status with airlines, it is advisable to delete and re-enter the FF number. You cannot do that with hotels, so the best is to e-mail them.

lingua101 Dec 31, 2018 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 30590663)

this issue is also very common with airlines FFP. When you change status with airlines, it is advisable to delete and re-enter the FF number. You cannot do that with hotels, so the best is to e-mail them.

i understand. But they should refresh the status upon mobile check in

Goldorak Dec 31, 2018 8:14 am

Originally Posted by lingua101 (Post 30591131)
i understand. But they should refresh the status upon mobile check in

Agreed.

wkndtraveler Jan 7, 2019 11:40 am

I had this issue lately. Booked a room as gold, stayed as platinum. I contacted the hotel prior to arrival and yet the registration form stated I’m gold. The receptionist who was checking me in typed his computer and reprinted the form. It still showed my status being gold. Despite that I received all platinum benefits and points were posted correctly.