Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Review Mercure Thalassa Port-Fréjus (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2018, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond

Mercure Thalassa Port Frejus

Map| 1 Review | 0% Recommended

16 Quai dei Caravello Port-Fréjus Ouest Frejus, France FR 83600

Review Mercure Thalassa Port-Fréjus (France) (16 Photos)

This hotel is located in Fréjus, on the mediterraenean sea, south of France. To be more precise : in the Port Fréjus area.

IMG_1442.JPG

This hotel has clearly some potential as it has a nice location and the common area are nice and well maintained. It has a thalassotherapy center and a swimming pool. However, as too often in Mercure/Novotel in France, LCAH compliance and status recognition is inexistent or close to. Drink voucher was given at check-in and this will be all for LCAH compliance.

Lobby and restaurant

IMG_1469.JPGIMG_1470.JPGIMG_1471.JPG

Room

I had booked a classic room with harbour view and got that. I know there were availabilities in higher categories but I didn't beg for an upgrade because I am tired of that. No welcome gift, no welcome note, not even a bottle of water, nada...

The room was of decent size with some storage place. However the decoration was a bit minimalist. The bed was very comfortable. There was a balcony with a very nice view on Port Fréjus.

IMG_1435.JPGIMG_1436.JPGIMG_1437.JPGIMG_1438.JPGIMG_1439.JPGIMG_1440.JPGIMG_1441.JPGIMG_1446.JPGIMG_1447.JPG

The bathroom was very small. Only one person can fit in. Some cleanliness issues to mention : some dirt is encrusted around the sink. Same for the marble floor of bathroom and WC. Not very appealing. I had some friends staying in another room and they had the same problem.

IMG_1443.JPGIMG_1444.JPGIMG_1445.JPG

Overall

An hotel with some potential for sure but poor value for money (it was 145 EUR/night). OK you pay for the Côte d'Azur location but with non-compliance with LCAH and cleanliness issue, it's simply no go for another stay and to recommend it to you guys. At check-out, when I mentioned the total lack of status recognition, I just got a "oh that's likely due to a mistake in the room preparation"...no comment.

I paid partly with points but 90 EUR had to be paid at check-out, and of course, they were unable to post points correctly : they posted 2 nights and 0 points. So now, I will need to make a retroclaim.

Would you like to write a review on the Mercure Thalassa Port Frejus?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Oct 13, 2018, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I got a response from the hotel after the on-line survey and they credited 2000 courtesy LCAH points as compensation. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.