FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Welcome drink policy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1913358-welcome-drink-policy.html)

Matt4 Aug 27, 2018 4:36 am

They should add Tunisia with France to the welcome drink policy exception. I stayed twice at IBIS Tunis earlier this year, once booked 3 rooms for 4 people and were given 3 drink vouchers, after requesting them, and the second time I booked 1 room for 2 people and was given only 1 drink voucher. I told the receptionist that I always have 2 vouchers for 2 people sharing the same room when staying at other Accor property around the world (but never stayed in France) and he gave me a second voucher “exceptionally”...

KLBGO Aug 29, 2018 3:06 pm

I have always gotten my vouchers after starting this thread, but given the reports above Accor still has a problem with their welcome drink policy. I am starting to suspect that Accor (chain, centrally) is not crediting this 100%. Just a given amount per voucher, since they are sometimes numbered (by hand). In this case the hotel may loose money giving away the vouchers, since some customers tend to pick more valuable drinks.

jann3 Sep 24, 2018 11:07 pm

Stayed at the Ibis Glasgow City Centre recenty. It surprised me positively. When I checked in, I got a nice cardboard envelope including a key card and a drink voucher. In my room I find a tray with two apples and two water bottles. Didn't expect anything like this at the Ibis, so it was a nice surprise. There were tea/coffee making facilities too which isn't customary at the Ibis.

I think that fruits and small water bottles won't break the bank but those can really increase the customer satisfaction.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d525371600.jpg

RafKa Sep 25, 2018 6:39 am

My data points in Brazil (20+ properties over the years) are the following:

Ibis: only one voucher (good for soft drink, water or low end beer), regardless of number of guests
Mercure: one, sometimes two vouchers (if two guests), good for soft drink, water, low end beer or glass of house wine
Grand Mercure, Novotel & Pullman: two vouchers, also include cocktails (sometimes limited to caipirinha)

woosiep Oct 4, 2018 3:59 am

Gold member.

ALWAYS get drinks for the number of people staying on the booking. Very often get 2 vouchers when I am staying on my own!
Always there in the little envelope when I do online check in at Novotel/Sofitel.

Mercure/Ibis you sometimes have to ask but always provided gladly.

LeClubVirgin Oct 4, 2018 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by jann3 (Post 30242181)
Stayed at the Ibis Glasgow City Centre recenty. It surprised me positively. When I checked in, I got a nice cardboard envelope including a key card and a drink voucher. In my room I find a tray with two apples and two water bottles. Didn't expect anything like this at the Ibis, so it was a nice surprise. There were tea/coffee making facilities too which isn't customary at the Ibis.

I think that fruits and small water bottles won't break the bank but those can really increase the customer satisfaction.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d525371600.jpg

same I stayed at the ibis Portsmouth and got water, chocolates and fruit! Surprised was an understatement. Next week stayed at the ibis in Leeds and got nothing haha

typical Mar 11, 2019 12:29 pm

Mercure Johannesburg Midrand: "The welcome drink is over there" *points to fancy water dispenser in the lobby*

CanadaDH Mar 11, 2019 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by typical (Post 30873898)
Mercure Johannesburg Midrand: "The welcome drink is over there" *points to fancy water dispenser in the lobby*

Ah, yes. The new Accor welcome drink dispenser being rolled out with the new loyalty program...

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...0e515d0e3e.jpg
(Straw not available at ibis locations or properties in France. Strict limit of two sips per registered guest per stay.)

Goldorak Mar 11, 2019 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by typical (Post 30873898)

:eek: :eek: :o

jackr27 Mar 11, 2020 5:27 am

I wish Accor would just sort this out and do a standard policy.

Stayed at ibis Madrid Calle Alcalá with my husband. We went to go and get a welcome drink (we just wanted 2 cokes) and a huge fuss was made about giving 2 cans instead of 1. I did successfully manage to get 2, but it's getting ridiculous. A can of coke is worth what, €0.20?

Now in Bali, and while they do seem to always give a voucher valid for 2 people, the drinks you can ask for vary significantly via property. At one hotel the only options were 'juice or coffee'. I asked for 2 small bottles of water and was told this wasn't allowed.

In another Accor property (Thailand), the voucher clearly stated it was valid for anything but champagne or spirits. I asked for a glass of red wine. I was soon made to wish I'd not bothered. 4 calls to 'the manager' later, it was agreed I could have the glass of wine, but again, I ended up questioning why they offer it at all if there is no consistency, and the small print on the voucher apparently doesn't mean anything.

Kremmen Mar 11, 2020 6:08 am

Originally Posted by jackr27 (Post 32168294)
In another Accor property (Thailand), the voucher clearly stated it was valid for anything but champagne or spirits. I asked for a glass of red wine. I was soon made to wish I'd not bothered. 4 calls to 'the manager' later, it was agreed I could have the glass of wine

That seems unusual to me. I've experienced improvements to consistency in Asia in this regard. By this, I mean that there is still no consistency between different properties, but most properties I've been to have established something specific. What I'm mostly seeing these days is a separate list for silver, gold and platinum members, but that really sucks if you're silver. What if you don't like any of the drinks available? Sometimes they'll let you get something different/better. At one property, I wanted plain juice and it wasn't on the list at any level! (A phone call to reception and they gave permission for me to have a glass of juice.) At one Mercure, the front desk agent just wrote 'gold' on the cards, even though I'm silver at present, and that enabled me to get a cocktail at 2am!

Every Asian property I've been to in the past few years has given me two free drinks, even if I've been staying alone.

R2 Mar 11, 2020 6:15 am

We recently stayed at a Novotel in Paris...when I got the welcome drink voucher I asked if it is good for two. The check-in agent said yes. We went to the bar and ordered two beers saying we wanted to use the voucher as payment. The bartender was totally confused. After a couple phone calls and a visit by the bartender to the reception (to apparently fetch another voucher), he finally served us the beers. Complimentary drinks yes but it took some 10 minutes to get them :D

CanadaDH Mar 11, 2020 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Kremmen (Post 32168414)
That seems unusual to me. I've experienced improvements to consistency in Asia in this regard. By this, I mean that there is still no consistency between different properties, but most properties I've been to have established something specific. What I'm mostly seeing these days is a separate list for silver, gold and platinum members, but that really sucks if you're silver. What if you don't like any of the drinks available? Sometimes they'll let you get something different/better. At one property, I wanted plain juice and it wasn't on the list at any level! (A phone call to reception and they gave permission for me to have a glass of juice.) At one Mercure, the front desk agent just wrote 'gold' on the cards, even though I'm silver at present, and that enabled me to get a cocktail at 2am!

That just seems crazy. To actually have a different selection of drinks available for each membership tier of the program, seems like they're putting way too much effort and complexity into the wrong areas. I'd rather they just focus on getting the important things right, because Accor is an abject failure in many, many big areas. Defining and implementing multiple drink lists? Wow! Sounds kind of like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Admiral Ackbar Mar 11, 2020 9:10 am

Originally Posted by R2 (Post 32168441)
We recently stayed at a Novotel in Paris...when I got the welcome drink voucher I asked if it is good for two. The check-in agent said yes. We went to the bar and ordered two beers saying we wanted to use the voucher as payment. The bartender was totally confused. After a couple phone calls and a visit by the bartender to the reception (to apparently fetch another voucher), he finally served us the beers. Complimentary drinks yes but it took some 10 minutes to get them :D

Which one? I got 2 drink vouchers at check-in as a Plat at Novotel Paris Centre Gare Montparnasse last week.

LondonAussie Oct 2, 2022 6:03 am

Recently stayed at Ibis in Amsterdam, didn't realise until after I got to my room that they hadn't put a Welcome Drinks voucher in my key packet. Went back to reception to ask, different person on the desk, reluctantly provided it but made me feel like I was trying to scam a 2nd voucher from them and that they were doing me a huge favour. .