FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Accor Hotels Status Match (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1848644-accor-hotels-status-match.html)

BVsmurfette Oct 14, 2009 11:05 pm

A-club - do they match status?

Hi All -
I'm going to have to sign up for A-Club as I'll be spending some time in Europe next year and plan to stay an Accor hotel. Does anyone know if Accor does status matches? eg. match to SPG Gold or HH Gold status? Thanks.

bsb21 Oct 15, 2009 3:33 pm

I just called the US number to check if they match status. I got someone who spoke the worst English I have ever heard. Anyways, I still have no idea if they match or not.

When I emailed them about a month ago to see if A-Club vouchers can be combined to pay for a stay. I recieved a reply saying that a voucher can be used to pay for any part of a stay.

I remember someone else here saying that English is not Accor's strong point.

I guess someonewho speaks French will have to email them and find out.

MorganB Oct 15, 2009 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by bsb21 (Post 12652466)
I remember someone else here saying that English is not Accor's strong point.

I guess someonewho speaks French will have to email them and find out.

I think that has somewhat changed. It was fairly true when the only call center was located in Paris prior to the creation of A-Club. The call center for North America is somewhere in Quebec, probably Montreal. The two times I have called the person on the other end was perfectly fluent in English. You might want to call again.

shillard Oct 16, 2009 3:09 am

Good luck, they don't even seem to comprehend the most basic aspects of their programme - doubt that you'll get anywhere with a slightly complex question like this one...

nalle Jul 23, 2010 6:57 am

Does A-club status match?

from hyatt diamond or spg platinum to a-club platinum?

abhilife2001 Jul 23, 2010 8:03 am

Originally Posted by nalle (Post 14351314)
from hyatt diamond or spg platinum to a-club platinum?

hmmm.. never seen anyone doing this, but no harm in trying..
Also, browse thru this forum and u will find many opportunities to get Gold status easily..

starflyergold Jul 23, 2010 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by abhilife2001 (Post 14351660)
hmmm.. never seen anyone doing this, but no harm in trying..
Also, browse thru this forum and u will find many opportunities to get Gold status easily..

Albeit in circumspect ways......

toyotaboy95 Jul 23, 2010 5:49 pm

Nope, they are even unaware of the term 'status match'.

shillard Jul 24, 2010 10:26 pm

Matching from Hyatt or SPG *TO* A-Club?

That's like running into a burning building. Or landing in Kabul, presenting your Australian passport and demanding refugee status. It's just arse-about.

Base over apex.

Volvic Jul 25, 2010 11:52 am

Just save time and effort. Enroll with one of the promo codes and start from Gold.

abhilife2001 Jul 26, 2010 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Volvic (Post 14361931)
Just save time and effort. Enroll with one of the promo codes and start from Gold.

+1..
but IMO, there is no harm in tryin ur luck also.. u never know wht response u may get though chances for a positive response r slim..:rolleyes:

Colkurt Sep 4, 2010 9:59 pm

Moderator: please, erase this post

abhilife2001 Sep 5, 2010 1:31 am

Originally Posted by Volvic (Post 14361931)

or start with Platinum with http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor...d-plat-cc.html

or with the birthday bonus promo which gets u 1000 addl points after 1 stay..

SkyTeam777 Sep 6, 2010 12:51 am

What about other brands accepting a status match from A-Club Gold? Perhaps use the free code to get Gold status and then status match to mid-tier at another property. Not really a fair way to do it, but it's worth a try...any one done it?

starflyergold Sep 6, 2010 12:59 am

Best Western does status match for any competitor.

dparkinson Aug 8, 2011 1:51 am

Status Match Platinum

I'm currently SPG Platinum, will accor do a match to their highest tier. I also noticed they were doing something with flying blue, any chance my united 1k/co plat does anything?

SFO_FT Aug 10, 2011 3:52 pm

What's the promo with Flying blue?

dparkinson Aug 11, 2011 4:12 am

Gold and sadly my status is only in the star alliance.

Koby Aug 11, 2011 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by dparkinson (Post 16901175)
Gold ...

Are you saying that Accor gave you a status match to Gold only?

dparkinson Aug 12, 2011 1:52 am

No, gold is what you get from flying blue. Wasnt sure if they did anything similar for other hotel competitors or airlines

alanslegal Aug 12, 2011 2:16 am

Originally Posted by SFO_FT (Post 16898220)
What's the promo with Flying blue?

Promo expired about two months ago.

AF/KLM was status matching various frequent flyer programs. In my case, I am QF WP and they matched to AF Platinum. (a QF SG would have been matched to AF Gold?)

And then consequently LH matched AF status, that also expired.

navatwal Jan 19, 2012 5:39 am

Acor Status Match Possible?

I hold Elite status with many chains and may put some stays through Accor. do they status match?

I have IHG Plat RA, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Carlson Gold etc.

If they do status match can i get Plat?

How do they normally do this?

Enigma Jan 19, 2012 8:09 am

Please search the forum to find your answers.

PS - It's Accor, not Acor.

TheShis Jan 19, 2012 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by navatwal (Post 17843438)
I hold Elite status with many chains and may put some stays through Accor. do they status match?

I have IHG Plat RA, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Carlson Gold etc.

If they do status match can i get Plat?

How do they normally do this?

Accor does not do status matches.

Paul4Travel Dec 2, 2012 3:09 pm

Le Club Accor status match?

Does Le Club Accor match HHilton or IHG or Club Carlson status?
i was previously platinum on Le Club Accor, but 1h ago i've received a downgrade because i've earned only 15.000 pts this year.
by the way I've to stay in a Novotel in Xmas period, so i'd like to benefit of Platinum status as before!

thanks

ijkh Nov 26, 2016 11:28 am

Is this still true of status match into Accor?

We are soon to be heavy users of Accor Hotels. We have two stays at LHR Sofitel and one up coming week long stay in RAK Pullman with two rooms. At the moment we don't have any super status but have lots of mid tier status with Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott.

Currently we have no stays nor status with Accor. The website is awkward to deal with. Thanks for any clarity. P.S. I heard at one time if I paid with Amex Plat card we got free breakfast. Is that true at LHR Sofitel?

PeterT1953 Nov 29, 2016 12:54 am

Originally Posted by ijkh (Post 27529377)
We are soon to be heavy users of Accor Hotels. We have two stays at LHR Sofitel and one up coming week long stay in RAK Pullman with two rooms. At the moment we don't have any super status but have lots of mid tier status with Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott.

Currently we have no stays nor status with Accor. The website is awkward to deal with. Thanks for any clarity. P.S. I heard at one time if I paid with Amex Plat card we got free breakfast. Is that true at LHR Sofitel?

the LHR Sofitel is a good hotel. It may be worth trying to get an upgrade - no harm in asking. As regards breakfast, if you have Amex platinum you will have a priority pass card. The lounge at the LHR Sofitel is accessible with the priority pass card so that means you could use the lounge for breakfast and evening canapés and drinks etc. Well worth considering.

TravelinSperry Jan 13, 2017 6:07 am

Originally Posted by TheShis (Post 17846542)
Accor does not do status matches.

And this is still true as of today. My Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum and Hilton Diamond didn't matter to Accor.

They replied after my request:

"This is in reference to your request regarding status match.
We are sorry to inform you that we currently do not have status match for Hilton or our competitors."

So I will continue to patronize chains where I have some status. Can't drop down to no level when I have top level at all these chains.

fppmongo Jan 13, 2017 9:31 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry (Post 27754379)
So I will continue to patronize chains where I have some status.

I think those chains will be thrilled. The main point of loyalty programs is not to reward customers (that's--to an extent--a necessary evil) but to create switching barriers that lock customers in.

tris06 Jan 13, 2017 9:52 pm

The only status I have known to occur was the status match for FRHI members.

Also I personally think quite a few people (Granted some are serious about switching programs) will request for status match when they desire to stay in 1/2 hotels where it may be the best in town or because of its historical background.

What comes to mind is the Sofitel Legends of course. So joining Accor means you really do have to work your way up. I could have said last year, 1-2 stays with bonus points would in no time get you up to Gold level quickly and hence there is not much need for a status match for serious cutomers.

Of course with the changes now it would be probably more sensible to offer some kind of challenge? Gold match for a limited time would be good enough for those who can prove they spend say 5000 Euros or more each year in the previous 2 years?

Anyway my 2 cents

TravelinSperry Jan 13, 2017 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by fppmongo (Post 27755352)
I think those chains will be thrilled. The main point of loyalty programs is not to reward customers (that's--to an extent--a necessary evil) but to create switching barriers that lock customers in.

Agreed. I'm just surprised Accor wouldn't match to even a lower level. Since I can't accept moving from top tier to nada - I must avoid them whenever possible. These days even many cc's give silver or gold levels with many chains. It's their choice of course, but it doesn't do much to potentially gain add'l nights from people loyal to other chains.

Pistenlord Jun 17, 2017 11:05 am

Accor Hotels Status Match

Hello, i would like to know if any of you achieved to get a status match from any airline to a Accor elite trier; im LH SEN, FB GOLD and AB GOLD so star alliance Gold, SkyTeam ElitePlus and Oneworld Saphire

Thank you very much for your help

gilbertaue Jun 17, 2017 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Pistenlord (Post 28454439)
Hello, i would like to know if any of you achieved to get a status match from any airline to a Accor elite trier; im LH SEN, FB GOLD and AB GOLD so star alliance Gold, SkyTeam ElitePlus and Oneworld Saphire

Thank you very much for your help

Not that I have come across, and also not something I have heard Accor ever doing - they also haven't every really status matched other hotel programmes, apart from Fairmont/Swissotel members.

markis10 Jun 17, 2017 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by gilbertaue (Post 28454473)
Not that I have come across, and also not something I have heard Accor ever doing - they also haven't every really status matched other hotel programmes, apart from Fairmont/Swissotel members.

Accor used to be very prominent with status matches, especially from other non hotel programs or as a benefit of a card. At one stage I think most of the world was platinum!

These days it's a different story, although they do have some benefits in other programs, such as the upgrade to Hertz Presidents Circle for plats.

gilbertaue Jun 17, 2017 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by markis10 (Post 28454748)
Accor used to be very prominent with status matches, especially from other non hotel programs or as a benefit of a card. At one stage I think most of the world was platinum!

These days it's a different story, although they do have some benefits in other programs, such as the upgrade to Hertz Presidents Circle for plats.

Well, those were the credit card sign up links and the free for all sign up as long as you had a link... But i dont think there were matches at all - were there? Remember OP is asking FROM and not to..

edwardchanchiwa Jun 19, 2017 2:29 am

Currently leclub accorhotels only opens status match for Premier and Platinum tier of Fairmont's President Club.
FPC Premier to Accor Silver
FPC Platinum to Accor Platinum

Crofton138 Aug 18, 2017 3:44 am

This may help look for status matching pairs and the likelihood of getting them:

http://www.statusmatcher.com/

bmw303 Sep 22, 2017 10:15 pm

status match

will Accor match marriott gold?

gilbertaue Sep 22, 2017 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by bmw303 (Post 28848539)
will Accor match marriott gold?

No.
They don't match any programs.

wingnewaddress Sep 23, 2017 4:09 am

Accor don't even match with their own two programs! If you switch from Accor Plus (paid member) back to Le Club (free member). They don't even match with the same status. They said two program calculate status differently. For example, I was Accor Plus Gold member until June 2017. I didn't renew Accor Plus and now I am Classic Le Club member!