FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1694354-sofitel-bali-nusa-dua.html)

Dav77 Apr 22, 2019 8:56 am

I don’t know if I would consider a better upgrade to room with pool access or to the one with private pool.

Even if small pool, rooms at ground floor without pool access have better privacy, because they are closed from outside

there are lot of people looking at rooms with pool access, especially at the ones near the main pool.

I would consider a true upgrade to prestige suite only.

kaizen7 Apr 22, 2019 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Dav77 (Post 31025286)
I don’t know if I would consider a better upgrade to room with pool access or to the one with private pool.

Even if small pool, rooms at ground floor without pool access have better privacy, because they are closed from outside

there are lot of people looking at rooms with pool access, especially at the ones near the main pool.

Prestige suites were very spacious ....
the one with plunge pool offer good privacy for inside the room .. but upstair guests can see the plunge pool area from their balcony

Pool access rooms is quite unique as you could straight jump to the main pool from your room :D
It does offer less privacy for the room itself

Firsttime4me2 Apr 22, 2019 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by kaizen7 (Post 31025242)
is the stay is for a special event?

​This will be our third stay, the previous ones were in a suite, wife's choice, and the suites were lush!

We spent​ most of our time in the main pool jealous of the rooms with pool access, this time my son and I won the room lottery and we are really looking forward to it!

No not a special occasion, however I booked during the last private sale and specifically clarified with our contact that I had booked the category below the the pool access (they have a confusing array of categories) as that is the one we wanted an upgrade to (subject to availability, of course!), so I was very surprised but delighted to receive the guarantee.

Annalisa12 Apr 22, 2019 11:15 pm

I stayed in a Prestige Suite. It is one of my favourite suites from all the hotels I have stayed in. The pool in the suite was nice but a touch cold and it is overshadowed by all of the hotel rooms above you so there is no privacy.

Dav77 Apr 23, 2019 12:37 am

Originally Posted by kaizen7 (Post 31026192)
Prestige suites were very spacious ....
the one with plunge pool offer good privacy for inside the room .. but upstair guests can see the plunge pool area from their balcony

Pool access rooms is quite unique as you could straight jump to the main pool from your room :D
It does offer less privacy for the room itself

even rooms above ones with plunge pool are quite unique, as you could straigh jump to the pool below from your room 😃

tris06 Apr 23, 2019 2:39 am

I would love to get the prestige suite (top floor or plunge pool with the upgrade but I really do not want to pay for the pool acess room which is a relatively big jump up in price from the plunge pool room as you would be paying for the executive lounge usage. Not an issue with other hotels to get a suite instead of just the excutive room with lounge benefits. Those who got the prestige suite was this an upgrade from the pool access room?

My recent experience staying at the Angasana hotel recently with pool access I can see there is little privacy with this room type.

starflyergold Apr 23, 2019 3:21 am

I'm no fan of the pool access rooms either, everybody and their dog appears to be swimming by while you are relaxing on the terrace or step out of the shower with the curtains open....

tris06 Apr 23, 2019 3:46 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold (Post 31027973)
I'm no fan of the pool access rooms either, everybody and their dog appears to be swimming by while you are relaxing on the terrace or step out of the shower with the curtains open....

So it really comes to the fact that the real upgrade is to a prestige suite.

wkndtraveler Apr 23, 2019 6:30 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold (Post 31027973)

One can’t even swim from the room terrace to the main pool together with a room mate since it would require to carry key card on the pool which is neither convenient nor wise.

I have stayed in one bedroom villa. While it was nice and private, the plunge pool was useless, very tiny, so used the main pool instead.

lingua101 Apr 23, 2019 10:09 pm

But prestige suite does not have privacy. your upstairs neighbor can look into your pool

lingua101 Apr 23, 2019 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by tris06 (Post 31028013)
So it really comes to the fact that the real upgrade is to a prestige suite.

there is also honey moon suite.... the only different is the room arrangement and slighly smaller room compare to prestige suite. but it has the same pool like prestige suite

Dav77 Apr 24, 2019 1:10 am

Originally Posted by lingua101 (Post 31031289)
But prestige suite does not have privacy. your upstairs neighbor can look into your pool

yes but at least they are not able to look into your room ..

Annalisa12 Apr 24, 2019 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by Dav77 (Post 31031591)

yes but at least they are not able to look into your room ..

Stops one sunbaking topless for an all over tan though!

gilbertaue May 25, 2019 11:08 pm

Enjoy :p

https://www.dmarge.com/2019/05/float...-nusa-dua.html

kaizen7 May 25, 2019 11:13 pm

Solo adventure! :D