FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Accor/ ALL: experiences with best price guarantee (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1007141-accor-all-experiences-best-price-guarantee.html)

abhilife2001 Feb 19, 2013 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by BA97 (Post 20275816)
I put in a claim recently (directrooms.com undercutting the Sofitel London Heathrow by about 10%) and it was pushed back on two counts:
  1. The Best Price Guarantee applies on the basis of the price per night and not on the total amount of the stay
  2. I booked a prepaid rate and hence "the rate without local taxes can not be determined"

I pointed out by way of reply that they had conveniently paraphrased (1) and missed out the start of the sentence "For stays of two nights or more..." (mine is a one-night booking) and under (2) if they didn't know what the base rate was, how could they possibly pay the correct amount of tax.

Next reply confirmed my claim. Hooray!

Good to know.. and also good to know what vague / stupid reasons they gave u initially..

JANZFlyer Mar 5, 2013 2:05 am

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread.

Is the BPG being attempted as it is best to book with the hotel directly for points accrual/ease? Do platinum and Gold member benefits still apply if you booked through a third party website i.e. Agoda/expedia?

Just about to book a stay at the Sofitel Melbourne for a week and wondering if I try and apply.

Thanks

remymartin Mar 15, 2013 12:38 am

Wondering what JANZFlyer asked above on earning points from 3rd parties.

Also wondering how Accor BPG treats claims where accorhotels.com has sold out room type X but it is readily available through 3rd parties?

FedUp2 Jul 30, 2013 10:54 pm

Accor BRG

Does Accor have any kind of a BRG program? Would be useful, because I have OFTEN seen hotels at OTA sites priced much lower than at the Accor site.

Since their loyalty program is pretty useless, I have so far booked them at the OTA sites.

perthite Jul 30, 2013 11:55 pm

They do, but it is not well publicised

https://secure.accorhotels.com/gb/ga...nditions.shtml

I have heard in some countries you can ring Accor reservations, and just do the booking over the phone....

cjtibbett Aug 12, 2013 6:16 am

Best Price Not Guaranteed

I am a Le Club Gold member and I wanted to book a trip to the Pullman hotel in Munich from 13th-16th September and saw that rates on 2 other websites (Hipmunk and Getaroom) were less than half of the rates on Accor.com (with the same conditions). I don't want to risk claiming back the difference after booking, so emailed the hotel directly to match the rates (Accor hotels normally do for me).

The hotel told me it could not match the prices of those websites, as other websites should never charge rates below Accor.com. This is ridiculous, as it implies they only price match rates which are higher than on their own website. By that logic, every business in the world has a price match guarantee on every product all the time.

Pullman Munich advised me to book directly through the other website instead. I did. I saved more than 50% on Accor's cheapest rates. They could and would not guarantee a best price.

Is this logic used across Accor's hotels? In which case, is Accor misleading the customer with its "best price guarantee"?

remymartin Aug 12, 2013 8:13 am

Why didn't you use the official Accor "Best Price Guarantee" claim form instead?

cjtibbett Aug 12, 2013 8:29 am

I didn't use their official form because I didn't want to risk booking with them at a higher rate, then Accor using the same techniques to deny any partial refund, as the examples on this thread highlight. I alerted the hotel so they could match (I don't expect the extra 10%) the price. My point is, their best price guarantee counts for nothing. Don't promise if you can't deliver.

sfvoyage Aug 12, 2013 11:22 am

I see that Accor's BRG is for lower rates advertised elsewhere within 24 hours of your original booking on one of their websites, so this guarantee isn't that useful.

What about prepaid, non-cancellable bookings with a price drop after the prepayment? I suppose there is no recourse in this case, right?

jeremykjtan Aug 13, 2013 8:58 am

I was looking at the price for a reservation at a Mercure in AKL about a year ago. Heard about the best price guarantee (and it's shortfalls) and decided to try and give it a go for myself and see what happens.

Found the rate on the Accor website (with Advantage Plus discount) which was more expensive than an equivalent rate on wotif.com and a local travel site (TravelBug) was cheaper.

Before making the booking I actually called Accor customer service on the phone and they advised that as the rate was cheaper on the other websites than the Advantage Plus rate direct from Accor, that I could make the booking at the Advantage Plus Members rate and claim for the best price guarantee.

I submitted a claim online with screenshot evidence and two days later received the following response:

Dear Mr Tan,

In name of the Accor group, I thank you for taking the time to fullfill a web form regarding the Best price guarantee for the reservation here above mentioned.

In the web form, you informed us that you have found a better price on www.travelbug.co.nz.

On the basis of the information you have provided, and after investigating the matter, it appears that the Best price guarantee is not applicable as: at time of checking the other website, it appears that the rate found is higher than the rate you booked on the Accor website (298 NZD instead of 232.20 NZD), as you can see in the print screen attached.

Moreover, the cancellation policy is different. Indeed, in your booking G2Q-XXXX, you can not get a refund in case of modification or cancellation whereas in the Travelbug website, "A cancellation processing fee of $20 applies to this booking. All refunds will be made to your credit card", as you can see in the print screen attached.

Therefore i can not answer favorably to your request as, in order to apply to the Best Price Guarantee, all details must be the same.

Please feel free to contact me would you need additional information.

I wish you a nice stay at the hotel Mercure Auckland.

Yours sincerely,

Floriane XXXX
Reservation Customer Care
The screenshot they provided was for a higher priced room (from memory the cheaper rate was for a non-refundable sale rate, but the same type of room as the more expensive one I booked direct via. Accor).

I have since decided that the BPG provided by Accor is a big waste of time - If you happen to find a better rate from somewhere else, best to just book it and not have to worry about the hassle of applying for (and being denied) the Accor BPG and just enjoy your stay in a cheaper room :)

jeremykjtan Aug 13, 2013 9:03 am

Originally Posted by JANZFlyer (Post 20362239)
Apologies if this is in the wrong thread.

Is the BPG being attempted as it is best to book with the hotel directly for points accrual/ease? Do platinum and Gold member benefits still apply if you booked through a third party website i.e. Agoda/expedia?

Just about to book a stay at the Sofitel Melbourne for a week and wondering if I try and apply.

Thanks

Hi JANZFlyer, in my experience I have had some mixed results with points accrual with Accor. All my own travel bookings (if with Accor) are done directly through them and I typically have no problems with the points showing up a few days after the stay.

For business, occasionally I get put into an Accor Hotel, and although the booking is under my name, it goes through a third-party travel company. Upon presenting my card to the hotel, sometimes I have had points being accrued for the stay, others nothing shows up (it is as if I did not stay at the hotel at all).

Not sure the reasons for why this is, but this is what I have found.

Regardless of where the booking was made, I have found that my Platinum member benefits are honoured at check in if available.

Hope this helps.

TravelinSperry Sep 18, 2013 8:16 am

Originally Posted by yyz1505 (Post 13231960)
requested BRG from Accor 4 days ago. no reply, no confirmation. :mad:

I've had the same problem. 4 days ago placed a request. No email confirmation - no response. I submitted another claim 2 days ago asking them what was going on? Obviously no response from Accor then either. Does anyone have an email address to higher level customer service or the Accor best rate guarantee program? It's obvious their form is going to no one.

TravelinSperry Sep 23, 2013 8:39 am

Well all, I finally received a response from Accor. 10 days after I submitted my inital request here is what they said: "The "Best Price Guarantee" only applies if you book an Accor hotel-online at any Accor website and within 24 hours and the 72 hours before the scheduled arrival at the hotel you find an equivalent offer on another website for the same hotel with the same room category being offered at a lower price (excluding local taxes but including booking fees), we will honor the lower rate and give you a further reduction of 10%.
If the applicables conditions are not met, the "Best Price Guarantee" cannot be applied.

After study, it appears that your request does not meet the Criteria as its already after 72 hours after bookiong conditions so the "Best Price Guarantee" cannot be applied."

Well there you have it - they take 10 days to respond and then tell me that I didn't make my request in the proper time. Which of course is incorrect. I made the request immediately after making the reservation on Accor's website (on Sept 13). Sadly, I have no confirmation email from them stating that they received my request - which is just another way they can falsely claim that I didn't submit it in time.

Accor - I suggest you simply remove your Best Rate Guarantee from your website. I was happy with your company prior to this incident. I will now do my best to steer clear of your properties.

gilbertaue Sep 30, 2013 7:45 pm

Submitted my BPG on 21st September.. still waiting...
Messaged Le Club on FB.. was told to email customercare...
Emailed them last Friday and no reply.
Sent a message to the Accor Concierge here on FT and also no reply...

StarflyerGold... did you manage to talk to the Loyalty Manager in regards to their slow response on BPGs?

TravelinSperry Oct 1, 2013 1:21 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue (Post 21532128)
Submitted my BPG on 21st September.. still waiting...
Messaged Le Club on FB.. was told to email customercare...
Emailed them last Friday and no reply.
Sent a message to the Accor Concierge here on FT and also no reply...

StarflyerGold... did you manage to talk to the Loyalty Manager in regards to their slow response on BPGs?

After my horrible experience with them I emailed the CEO directly. His email is [email protected]. I also emailed them directly on Facebook like you did. After these 2 steps, I received a response from this email: [email protected]. Weirdly - I wrote back, only to never hear again. I've never seen such poor customer service.

Surprised the PM to the Accor Concierge on Flyertalk didn't work. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...concierge.html. He/she actually wrote to me re my issue - although I wanted to deal directly with the CEO instead.

Accor has some of the worst customer service ever. And as for their best price guarantee, just forget it. More light comes out of a black hole.