FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Accor/ ALL: experiences with best price guarantee (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1007141-accor-all-experiences-best-price-guarantee.html)

pmarrsouth Jan 11, 2015 8:18 am

Originally Posted by VIKG (Post 24143528)
I have submitted a BRG and got a reply advising it is due to a lower tax charge by the website cheaper and they are going to fix this and honour the cheaper website price and give me free breakfast on 1 of the 3 rooms I booked. Whilst this is great, do they not therefore have to give me a 10% discount of the matched rate?

no

VIKG Jan 12, 2015 5:44 pm

pmarrsouth thank you for your reply. It would good to know why not? Their terms are:

-.Book an Accor hotel.on any Accor Internet site, taking advantage of our best available rates, and receive a reservation confirmation number.

- If within the following 24 hours you find a lower rate for an equivalent offer on another Internet site (same hotel, same dates, same room type, same sales conditions, etc.) complete the.online form.on our site attaching the required supporting documents to request application of the best price guarantee.

- Our customer service department, after verifying the information you provide, will confirm your reservation at the lowest stated rate with a further reduction of 10%.

- You can therefore enjoy your stay with the guarantee of getting the best price for your room. So why book anywhere else?

That to me sounds like they owe me the 10% off if they agree there is a valid price match?

pmarrsouth Jan 12, 2015 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by VIKG (Post 24153734)
Their terms are:

-.Book an Accor hotel.on any Accor Internet site, taking advantage of our best available rates, and receive a reservation confirmation number.

- If within the following 24 hours you find a lower rate for an equivalent offer on another Internet site (same hotel, same dates, same room type, same sales conditions, etc.) complete the.online form.on our site attaching the required supporting documents to request application of the best price guarantee.

- Our customer service department, after verifying the information you provide, will confirm your reservation at the lowest stated rate with a further reduction of 10%.

- You can therefore enjoy your stay with the guarantee of getting the best price for your room. So why book anywhere else?

That to me sounds like they owe me the 10% off if they agree there is a valid price match?

and i 100% agree with you on this, they should honor/owe the further 10% off if they agree there is a valid price match?

gilbertaue Jan 12, 2015 10:13 pm

The times I was successful it was always a match and then 10% off. So demand that from them.

abc5 Jan 25, 2015 8:47 am

yes price discrepenacies you identify in the room cost, they are supposed to give you 10percent off.

MKB Jan 31, 2015 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by barafear799 (Post 24119150)
Sorry to repeat my question from a few posts back - some of the t&c of the BRG are (as usual) marginally confusing:

The rates covered by the Best Price Guarantee must be accessible to the general public and available for reservation; expressly excluded are:

- group rates
- corporate rates
- conference and seminar rates
- specific promotional offers granting an additional discount after the booking is made (i.e. promotional codes supplied further to the registration in a newsletter)
- members rate under Accor's loyalty programs such as the Accor Favorite Guest Business, la carte ibis and Accor Advantage Plus.
- rates granted to Accor partners and their employees
- rates granted to Accor employees

I always assumed that this referred to the lower rate you found on a competing website...

I have just had a rejection citing this.

29 Jan: Booking made for Mercure Manchester for £102.00 for the cheapest rate on accor.com which had description "Up to 40% off + £10 Le Club points" and was room-only non-cxl & prepaid.

29 Jan: BRG submitted for competing prepaid non-cxl rate for same room type at hotels.com of £81.60.

31 Jan: Claim rejected because the rate I booked includes a promotional discount.

It's quite clear the "rates covered" condition relates to the competing rate, not the booked rate. Any other interpretation makes no logical sense.

The earning of 575 additional Club points cannot be regarded as making the room package different, else every stay on which you earned points/benefits as a club member would invalidate a claim.

I've challenge the rejection and will see what comes back. But if rejected again, I shall be reporting the page at http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/garantie/conditions.shtml to the ASA. Since the BRG is an intrinsic part of the terms of the contract, I shall also be challenging with Amex under Section 75, and with the general manager when I stay.

This experience will guarantee I avoid Accor in the future.

4 Feb update: Accor now say that the hotels.com rate doesn't include VAT. This is simply untrue. The screenshot I sent them shows "including all taxes & fees", and a dummy booking shows this is the amount on the final payment screen. When it comes to BRG, looks like Accor is trying to rival IHG for the biggest scam artist. Only Starwood seems to operate this fairly and in line with published terms.

barafear799 Feb 6, 2015 11:52 am

Thanks for the update on my query from a while back - I am in agreement that any "special rate" is surely the competing rate.
I'm assuming you're still prepared to challenge the "VAT" answer as well?

unitedinsg Feb 7, 2015 10:23 pm

4 Feb - booked a twin bed at Mecure Sapporo at Accor site, 4 nights ¥35,400
4 Feb - submitted a BRG using Kayak ¥33,300
7 Feb - email from Mecure Sapporo to say they received my BRG and will look into it.
7 Feb - emailed the screenshot to Mecure Sapporo from Kayak stating the total rate for 4 nights @¥33,300. Did not state individual nights.
8 Feb - Email from Mecure Sapporo stating claim approved. New rate ¥29,970 inclusive of taxes for 4 nights.

Not to much savings but a successful BRG nonetheless.

Gagravarr Feb 26, 2015 1:35 am

I've just hit a new problem - can't submit the BPG because the hotel name dropdown is empty! When I pick "Sofitel" as the brand, then enter "Berlin" in the city field and select "Berlin - Germany", a little spinner shows briefly then the dropdown list is empty. Some of the other brands work for Berlin, but most don't...

I've given the Le Club customer services team a ring, who seemed rather unsurprised that the website wasn't showing the hotel I wanted to claim for. After taking my Le Club number, and answering some security questions, they've sent me an email and asked me to reply to that with the screenshots and all the details off the web form. I've just sent them that, we'll have to see how that all goes

zehbra Feb 27, 2015 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Gagravarr (Post 24417316)
I've just hit a new problem - can't submit the BPG because the hotel name dropdown is empty! When I pick "Sofitel" as the brand, then enter "Berlin" in the city field and select "Berlin - Germany", a little spinner shows briefly then the dropdown list is empty. Some of the other brands work for Berlin, but most don't...

I've given the Le Club customer services team a ring, who seemed rather unsurprised that the website wasn't showing the hotel I wanted to claim for. After taking my Le Club number, and answering some security questions, they've sent me an email and asked me to reply to that with the screenshots and all the details off the web form. I've just sent them that, we'll have to see how that all goes

My experience with accor in general is: Don't rely on their website (except for bookings) - send emails to the hotel in question directly. Usually they deliver faster, more useful replies.

jwongathon Mar 5, 2015 10:33 pm

Just got my Novotel Taipei Best Rate Guarantee approved.

Received a reply in under 48 hours, and I had to contact the hotel directly to expedite the process. The management team responded with courtesy and respect, and made me feel valued as a customer.

wkndtraveler Apr 22, 2015 4:27 am

I got my first best rate guarantee application approved. I had problems with the online form so I contacted hotel (Sofitel So Bangkok) directly. Got a positive answer within a few days and the price dropped by almost half.

strayersong May 7, 2015 12:34 am

Grand Mercure Bangkok Asoke Residences

Submitted a BRG claim 6 days ago (hotels.com 50% cheaper!) and this morning received an Email from the hotel GM confirming receipt of the claim. 10 minutes later he sent me another email saying the claim was approved and because of my Platinum membership he offered to compliment the first night and then 10% discount on the hotels.com price for the following nights.

I'm very satisfied with this outcome. This hotel genuinely keeps the BRG promise and takes care of Plats. However, I hope the process could be faster since I've already made a non-refundable booking at another hotel.

gilbertaue May 7, 2015 1:02 am

Originally Posted by strayersong (Post 24779044)
Grand Mercure Bangkok Asoke Residences

Submitted a BRG claim 6 days ago (hotels.com 50% cheaper!) and this morning received an Email from the hotel GM confirming receipt of the claim. 10 minutes later he sent me another email saying the claim was approved and because of my Platinum membership he offered to compliment the first night and then 10% discount on the hotels.com price for the following nights.

I'm very satisfied with this outcome. This hotel genuinely keeps the BRG promise and takes care of Plats. However, I hope the process could be faster since I've already made a non-refundable booking at another hotel.

Aside from the delay, that is very good news. And seems to be a trend that submitting through the "official channel" (ie the online form) is of no use and contacting the hotel is a much better method.

strayersong May 10, 2015 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by gilbertaue (Post 24779087)
Aside from the delay, that is very good news. And seems to be a trend that submitting through the "official channel" (ie the online form) is of no use and contacting the hotel is a much better method.

I managed to reduce the other booking to one night and stayed in the Grand Mercure for two nights. The first night is comped and the second at the discount price. The GM also arranged a meeting with me in person to apologize. Very good responses!