Wiki Posts
Search

Home Improvement

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 1998, 6:27 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Home Improvement

Hi, all. At the insistence of my wife, I'd like to share something that makes a really nice picture/display to hang on the wall.

(OK, OK, she really didn't insist, but as a Tim Taylor-type, I just couldn't post this topic without some kind of a fall-back excuse)

Take your old elite-level cards, from basic enrollment through all the elite levels your program offers and put them in a shadow box frame to hang on the wall. For instance, I have one with Delta's Medallion (now Silver Medallion), Gold Medallion, and Platinum Medallion with a black background. It is a really nice and unusual display and never fails to get a comment/start a conversation when friends and guests see it hanging in the hallway. That is, when I am actually home long enough to have guests.

Apologies if this is a little specious, but it IS FF-related!

P.S. For an accent to the cards, you can include, like I did, the Delta (or whatever) logo. But, Catman, you could put pics of Yaz and Eddie at the top corners, and Rudi, you could frame the inside with Swiss chocolates.

OK, I'm going back to my tools now; I have a Triumph GT6 engine to take apart!

-Harry
Old Oct 22, 1998, 7:19 am
Original Member

OK, hnechts, good idea for the people that save them(I'll bet your attic/basement/garage
looks like mine). How about my Corvette engine? It may need a little attention, but then , do you delegate Corvettes to Wilson?
Old Oct 22, 1998, 7:36 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Good one, Jaws43! And no, I don't, unless they're automatics.

Having an automatic transmission on a sports car is like taking a shower in a rain coat.
Old Oct 22, 1998, 7:50 am
Original Member

hnechets, yep, I agree, and I've heard the raincoat/shower applied to other things. FF
cards/memorabilia in a frame, I have to say that so the Ol'Tom will stay off my case!
Old Oct 22, 1998, 8:19 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

If some of you packrats are really into airline collectibiles that much than I suggest you check out www.ebay.com and click on collectibiles and then airline. There is everything from the 1930's to 1990's, napkins to china to uniforms to posters to whatever you can think of. Last week, someone was selling a plaque from the 1950's for United's Million Miler club. It looked really nice and a bargain at $15.
Old Oct 22, 1998, 1:09 pm
Commander Catcop

Now if ebay (which is on MyPoints, I believe)
would also go on clickrewards you can also earn points and that big bonus promotion too.

Does ebay take credit cards? Then you can earn miles and get nice collectables. Have
to check it out WHEN I get back from San
Diego.

I am a packcat and have a wide variety of things in a large 2 bedroom apartment. The airline things would make nice Holiday/Birthday gifts for me... I'll have to
drop a hint to my other friends! CATMAN

Old Oct 22, 1998, 1:39 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Catman ~ In general most of the people selling on E-bay do not take credit cards, but there is a small minority of merchants on E-bay who do, but it's the exception rather than the rule.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.