Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TalkCity changed to every 7 days

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 1999, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

TalkCity changed to every 7 days

The TalkCity servey was changed. MyPoints can only be earned every 7 days.
Old Sep 26, 1999, 3:38 am
Original Member

Yes its true. At least today counted as a 'new' week so I got the 200 points but obviously tomorrow will bring no points.

What a shame. There goes the trip to Europe.

At least here is a little bit of good news for those interested. I have created a web page (exclusively for those in the know - namely you) as follows.
http://www.tbsa.com.au/~ferrett/short.htm

This page contains shortcuts to all the surveys and current point visitation opportunities. I have arranged them however in weekly, monthly and yearly order which makes life a little simpler.

If anyone knows of other links to add please email me.

Enjoy.

BTW, can someone help me with a little coding on this page? I want each link to open up with a single click and to open the link selected with a new page but one that that has been minimised. In the words 10 clicks equals 10 minimised boxes at the bottom of the screen with my page still visible.

cheers Peter

Old Sep 26, 1999, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Ffhound.....What about www.reel.com which I believe is weekly & www.springstreet.co it's every 30 days. Thank you for the great web sight. It will make collecting MyPoints more convenient for all of us miles junkies.

------------------
MilesNut
Old Sep 26, 1999, 8:06 am
Original Member

Thank you Milesnut

I have added those links.

Sorry for the rather unsophisticated page - I just wanted something quick, simple, functional and quick loading.

cheers Peter
Old Sep 26, 1999, 8:31 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

For a new window to open when you click on a link, use the following::

<A HREF="http://www.example.com" TARGET="_blank">

most likely, you are currently doing it as:

<A HREF="http://www.example.com">

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: The Airline Mileage Workshop

Old Sep 26, 1999, 9:07 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Just visited (numer 38?). Nice job. Thanks.
Old Sep 26, 1999, 9:36 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold
ffhound:

Thanks for the webpage. I collected 10 points at the first click in your website. and I was the 50th person to do so.

venkat
Old Sep 26, 1999, 1:44 pm
Original Member

No, say it isn't so. I've made all these grand plans. Does anyone have a tissue.
Old Sep 26, 1999, 1:55 pm
Original Member

ffhound,

Here are a few more. Most that I'm listing don't currently have a link but they'll probably show up soon enough. Keep this list and keep checking with MyPoints. Daily: Third Age, Longevity. Monthly: Sparks, Priceline, Smart Kids, Red Cross. Yearly: Gamesville, Social Net, Net Bet, Consumer Digest, Corbis, HM Miller, Hotlinks, Efax & Hans.

Here's another idea, if you haven't already thought of it. Under your profile, sign up for every available category. If you're a man sign up for all the women's categories. If you're young sign up for the other age groups, etc. You get the picture. I noticed since I changed the profiles on mine, my sisters and moms we tend to get more earning opportunities. Since they do send emails and add links to your particular page based on your profile, this seems to be the way to go.
Old Sep 27, 1999, 3:47 am
Original Member

Thanks Mileageaddict and Birdyy

I have updated my page with Birdyy's extra links and added Mileageaddict's coding so that everything opens with a single click.

Birdyy - what is the link for hhmiller?

Thanks & Cheers peter

Old Sep 27, 1999, 4:10 am
MMM

Programs: TK E+ *A GOLD, TAM OW Sapphire
ffhound ,

thanks for the HPage ! But ,.. how do I get the daily points in 'third age' and 'longevity' ? I visited the site , but got no confirmation back !?!?!

Cheers

MMM
Old Sep 27, 1999, 7:15 am

Thanks for the page, ffhound! Some of those I don't remember having seen... either I'm not paying enough attention or it's because of my profile.

Gotta get those 20k points before the end of the year... only 14k to go.

Cheers,

'toad
Old Sep 27, 1999, 8:46 am
Original Member

Birdyy

Thanks for the tips re changing one's mypoints preferences. I found that I had only signed up for email on one topic - namely travel. I've signed up for everything now. Can you please give us some idea of the average points earned per day as a result of being signed up to all the subjects/topics?

As for my page. I am not 100% sure that all the links earn points but as Birdyy mentioned them I have added them in anyway. If anyone can help me expand/refine my list of links please let me know.

BYW I was amazed to see that 150 people visited since last night.

Thanks Peter
Old Sep 27, 1999, 10:56 am

Is that 150 people or 150 visits? Important distinction.

Yet, if it's 150 people, it gives an important clue regarding the lurker/poster ratio on FT, and in particular for these mypoints.com threads.
Old Sep 27, 1999, 10:57 am

[dupe]

[This message has been edited by bokich (edited 09-27-1999).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.