Wiki Posts
Search

Forum for Visa and Master Card?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 1998, 9:56 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Forum for Visa and Master Card?

I know that Amex and Diner's Club have specific programs for miles, whereas Visa and Mastercard depend on the bank that issues them. But why not a forum for them to let travelers know when there's a bonus promotion, new card offering, etc?

For example, I saw a deal for a new Platinum US Airways card from Nations Bank (soon to be Bank of America) that offers 1.2 miles for every dollar, double miles for US Airways ticket purchases and no limit on the number of miles you can earn annually. Don't know what the annual fee is, but I would think that this would be the kind of items that would be posted on a VISA Forum.

Anyone else think this might be a good idea?
Old Oct 2, 1998, 8:49 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Excellent idea considering there are so many individual banks that offer their own mileage accumulation programs. Some are better than the airline cards and some are much worse.
Old Oct 2, 1998, 11:27 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
This is a very good idea! VISA and MC frequent flyer tie-ins are all over the place. It would be nice to have a forum where the pros/cons of each could be discussed.
Old Oct 6, 1998, 7:48 am
Commander Catcop

Add me to the YEAHS! We can talk about the
cards under the individual airlines and hotels but maybe a separate forum will keep
everything more organized and easy to find.
CATMAN
Old Oct 7, 1998, 9:19 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Re: the new US Airways Platinum credit card. Sounds good at first glance; I was thinking of switching from my Citibank Aadvantage card. However, it just costs too darn much (my recollection is about $140/year). Since Citibank has taken to waiving my annual fee, I would have to make a lot of extra charges at .2 miles per dollar to get to $140 worth of miles. Read the fine print and do the math before you sign up.

Charlie
Old Oct 8, 1998, 9:39 am
Original Member

Bravo! This topic is the first thing I looked for on my initial visit. Many miles to be mined here.......
Old Oct 14, 1998, 9:54 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Visa Magic Moments is a promotion running from November 1 through December 31, 1998. A one-second "magic moment" will be selected daily, when purchases made with a US Visa card (Swiss Visa is not permitted under this promotion!) are free--regardless of the amount of purchase.

Visa will randomly select the one-second moment each day, and if the processing time stamp for a cardholder's purchase matches, it is a winner. A credit will appear on the next possible statement. For complete details, call 800-266-6712.
Old Oct 14, 1998, 9:58 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
I hate to be soooooooo discriminated (Swiss VISA).
Old Oct 14, 1998, 1:16 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

I sent an email to the webmaster regarding this suggestion, but so far haven't had a reply. Is there someone else that I should be contacting? If so, can someone give me his/her e-mail address?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.