Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LEX Best Program and Runs

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2004, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

LEX Best Program and Runs

What is the best programs to join and also any good mileage runs from the LEX?
Old Jan 27, 2004, 9:00 am

your choices in and out of LEX are limited.

Since I avoid USAriways like the plague, and always regret it when someone convinces me to "give them another try", I reccomend against their program, especially out of LEX, where they have caused me nothing but trouble.
I'd say Delta is your best bet, although their program currently is terrible for the low fare flyer. I forget who else flys out of LEX. You would need to tell people a bit about your flying habits to help us give you the best information.

Old Jan 27, 2004, 6:57 pm
KGB

Programs: DL, Marriott, Hilton
Howdy,

Go to the DL or NW forums and look/search for LEXPASSENGER or CG a married pair who left DL last year to NW and they fly from LEX.

They are long time posters and very knowledgable about options out of the LEX area as I think they use to use CVG when at DL. You can email them as well if they have a link active in thier profile.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
I also fly often from LEX, almost exclusively on DL. If you have specific questions or concerns, feel free to email me.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 7:49 pm

I fly into LEX at least once a month. I think NWA is your best bet, at least when you combine miles and typical fares. DL is too expensive. Also, if you ever choose to leave from SDF you can get some really nice fares on NWA.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 7:51 pm

By the way, could there be a more expensive place to travel to and from? Typical fare from ATL is always $900+ no matter which airline. I almost always combine trips when flying there and find that the fares actually go down that way.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 9:05 pm

I grew up in Richmond, and go into LEX when I head home. I use Delta, largely because I have miles in the bank with them already, and the price is competitive.

I thought it would be an advantage changing planes in Atlanta or Dallas this winter, but got stuck in Dallas because of weather in Salt Lake City.

Another option for you is Southwest out of SDF (Louisville). Their price to PHX is about the same as Delta out of LEX; since they've devalued Rapid Rewards a bit, Delta looks a bit more advantageous.

Besides Delta & NW, Continental also does LEX.

JP
Old Jan 28, 2004, 8:43 am
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
I have flown regularly out of LEX for six years - I used to live there. Obviously, my preferred option is NW. Two factors influenced my decision.

For one thing, as long as Mesaba are around and the leases hold up, you'll be able to ride in the ARJ out of LEX to DTW. Whether you're sitting upfront or in coach, this machine is much better than all the others that service LEX. CO uses their tapeworms a.k.a Jungle Jets to service IAH and CLE, but while I prefer these to the prop machines, they're no match for the RJ in comfort, stability or feel.

US Air used to offer Gulfstream service to CLT: quite apart from US Air's network limitations, I didn't really enjoy flying in these machines. Ditto for DL's (Atlantic Southeast maybe?) ATR-72 to ATL. I guess they are switching to CRJ's which are at least a step up.

Also, NW's fares are more reasonable, more of the time and to more places, than DL's although this depends on your Sat. night plans. The downside will be connecting to DTW in winter, and experiencing the Ohio valley thunderstorms in summer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.