What flights serve Albuquerque

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2002, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA concierge key; marriott premier platinum; United GS; hilton diamond

I need to get to Albuquerque, NM from Paris the first week in March. I can fly any airline and connect through just about any city.

What I am looking for is a site that shows all the flights that arrive at Albuquerque. If I get this information I could then make my connecting flight out of Paris accordingly
Old Feb 18, 2002, 4:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
As someone who has done this route often domestically, I know most majors inc WN fly to ABQ.

From CDG, is it possible to take Air France, CO, or a partner to IAH and from IAH its 744 miles via CO. My usual route is IAD-IAH-ABQ. I'm not sure if CO fly's EWR or CLE direct to ABQ.

Sorry I don't know all the carriers that serve ABQ.
Old Feb 18, 2002, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With the little amount of specific information you have given it will be difficult to give a detailed answer (dept. date, time, airport, etc.). Having said that…

AA has a daily non-stop flight CDG-DFW. There are about a half dozen or so DFW-ABQ flights that you could make. You could also take the CDG-AF flight and then catch one of the DFW-ABQ flights.

DL/AF has three daily CDG-ATL non-stops and two daily ATL-ABQ non-stops; or take DL’s daily CDG-CVG non-stop and take one of the two CVG-ABQ non-stops; or take the CDG-DFW non-stop on DL/AF and then one of DL’s daily three or four DFW-ABQ flights.

You could also catch the AF CDG-LAX flight and then take one of the very inexpensive hourly LAX-ABQ flights on WN. Because CGD-LAX is only a half hour to an hour longer than CDG-JFK/ATL etc. and LAX-ABQ is only an hour this might be a very convenient way to go.

So you should have no trouble finding a one-stop ITN CGD-ABQ using DL/AF, AA, and WN. Much better than multiple connections IMHO.

I lived in ABQ for about three years and it was an absolutely wonderful and amazing experience. The approach into ABQ is quite interesting. It is always rough because of the mountains and the approach end of the runway sits at the very end of a precipice with a 500’ or so drop. Once while on approach to ABQ the plane was bouncing pretty good and my seatmate was quite nervous. She asked the FA if everything was ok and the FA replied, “Don’t worry, it’s always like this. Besides, because of the conditions DL will only allow our most experienced pilots to fly in here.” And this was supposed to make her feel more comfortable?

Another interesting factoid about ABQ is that while downtown and the Rio Grande (don’t say Rio Grande River, its redundant ) sit at about 4200’, the northern most neighborhoods and the airport are at over 5350’ well over a mile high. TWA used to fly L1011’s into ABQ regularly but could do so only in the winter. Despite having a 13,500’ runway, a fully loaded L1011 couldn’t get airborne when the temps were above 85F or so-not even on a 13,500’ runway!

[This message has been edited by anrkitec (edited 02-18-2002).]
Old Feb 18, 2002, 4:28 am

Programs: I am an AS employee, but my comments do not represent the company in any official capacity.
If you fly a Northwest/KLM ticket you can go CDG-AMS-MSP-ABQ.
Old Feb 18, 2002, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
American seems to be your best choice. They have fares starting at $543 USD R/T, and are not likely to go on strike anytime soon (like UA).

ABQ flight arrivals can be found here: http://www.infax.com/webfids/abq/fids.asp?FIDStype=A
Old Feb 18, 2002, 9:41 am

Programs: Lifetime: UA Gold, AA Gold, & Marriott Titanium
From the ABQ website (http://www.cabq.gov/airport):

America West Airlines
Nonstop service to Phoenix and Las Vegas with connections across the country.

Telephone Number 1-800-235-9292

American Airlines
Nonstop service to Chicago and Dallas-Fort Worth, with connections around the nation and world.

Telephone Number 1-800-433-7300

Continental Airlines
Nonstop service to Newark and Houston, with connections to many national and international destinations.

Telephone Number 1-800-525-0280

Delta Air Lines
Nonstop service to Dallas-Fort Worth, Atlanta, Salt Lake City and Cincinnati with connections across the nation and world.

Telephone Number 1-800-221-1212

Frontier Airlines
Nonstop service to Denver with regional connections

Telephone Number 1-800-432-1359

Great Plains Airlines
Nonstop service to Oklahoma City with connections to Tulsa & Nashville,TN.

Telephone Number 1-866-WayToGo(929-8646)

Mesa Airlines
Commuter airline with nonstop service to Colorado Springs and nonstop and direct service to many cities in New Mexico, including Hobbs, Clovis, Carlsbad, Roswell and Farmington.
Telephone Number 1-800-637-2247

Northwest Airlines
Nonstop service to Minneapolis-St. Paul and connections around North America and world.

Telephone Number 1-800-225-2525

Rio Grande Air
Nonstop and direct service to Durango, Colo., Taos and Ruidoso in New Mexico.

Telephone Number (877) 435-9742

Skywest Airlines
Nonstop regional jet service to Salt Lake City, with connections at Delta’s hub there.

Telephone Number 1-800-453-9417

Southwest Airlines
By far the largest carrier at the Sunport, Southwest offers nonstop service to Dallas Love Field, Phoenix, El Paso, Lubbock, Midland, Baltimore-Washington, Portland, Seattle, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, St. Louis, Chicago, Orlando and San Diego.

Telephone Number 1-800-435-9792

Trans World Airlines (TWA)
Nonstop service to St. Louis with connections around the nation and world.

Telephone Number 1-800-221-2000

United Airlines
Frequent nonstop service to Denver with connections around the nation and world

Telephone Number 1-800-241-6522

Old Feb 18, 2002, 10:24 am

Location: Los Angeles, CA; temporarily in Pensacola Beach, FL; no, I have NO elite status in ANYTHING yet - but working on AA Lifetime GLD!
American Eagle just started LAX-ABQ regional jet service. They may have some deals as this is a new service....

- Sameer
Old Feb 18, 2002, 11:16 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Once you get there, eat at High Finance. You take a gondola up the mountain. Nice ride, nice view, nice food.
Old Feb 18, 2002, 2:47 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (thanks to SPG), AA Life Gold, UA Life Gold
I'll second the High Finance suggestion...go early enough to catch the sunset from the top of the mountain!
Old Feb 18, 2002, 2:57 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
the frontier on central is open 24 hours a day and has excellent cinnamon rolls

my fave place to eat:
padilla's - great grub and v. local - they don't take credit cards

wishing I was slurping down some green chile right now.

lala
Old Feb 18, 2002, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IMHO the food at High Finance is expensive and only average but the views and the experience make it worth the time and effort.

The cinnamon rolls at the Frontier probably took about five years off my life. I think it is unfair to suggest that someone eat there in general without telling them that EVERYTHING is prepared in lard and butter! Padillas is good though. Try Powdrell’s BBQ for dinner as it is quite good and then get coffee and dessert at the Rainbow Cafe on Juan Tabo (not the one on Central).

Old Feb 18, 2002, 5:03 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lalala:
the frontier on central is open 24 hours a day and has excellent cinnamon rolls... </font>

And Mexican food. And it's just and experience, in general, not to be missed.
Old Feb 18, 2002, 5:37 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
re: the frontier

I was at an vernacular architecture/cultural geography conference at UNM a couple of years ago. I can't tell you how many pictures of said conferees were snapped at the frontier. I hope they also stayed for the food. I love a good green chile burrito with my cinnamon roll.

open 24 hours a day and really close to the airport

los cuates is also really good

also, don't miss gruet winery for some pretty darn tasty american sparkling wine-at the crossroads of 1-25 and 1-10

Old Feb 18, 2002, 10:21 pm

anrchitect: Why not the one on Central? The original location and the most colorful cast of characters.

lalala: Agree on the Gruet but you placed it a few hundred miles south. It is on the east frontage road of I 25 a few miles north of I 40.

Also agree on High Finance. Wonderful views. So So food.
Old Feb 18, 2002, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by erdoc:
anrchitect: Why not the one on Central? The original location and the most colorful cast of characters.</font>
I like the newer Rainbow because a) it has a larger magazine selection, b) it has a more comfortable seating area, c) it has a larger menu, and d) I did some work for the Architect who designed it. Besides, never could stand the smell of patchouli. You are right however that the Central location has more "character".

Some other favorite ABQ experiences:

Walking around Old Town area during Christmas to see the luminaria displays.

Laughing my arse off when about half the population of Catron County took to the hills when a rumor spread that the government was coming to confiscate their guns.

Trying to break 85 on the South course

Taking a quick hour to walk on and play the North Course for free, everyday

Raising the little flag at Panchos one too many times (anyone else get this? )

Being a three hour drive from Taos (incredible drive as you follow the Rio Grande up into the mountains as it gets narrower and narrower, just incredible). Be sure to stop at Michaels and tour the pueblo.

Being less than a three hour drive from the Taos, Red River, Apache, and Santa Fe ski areas (of course Sandia is about twenty minutes away if you take the tram (so-so skiing though)

Having the mineral laden local water absolutely destroy the finish on not one but two brand new cars. The second necessitated by the first having been stolen.

The food. New Mexican cuisine is definitely great.

Dodging the various firefights in the Coronado mall (not to mention the State Fair).

Being an hour from Santa Fe. Don’t get me started, a whole other topic.

Going to the crest of five-mile hill to see the entire city as it rises from the Rio Grande bosque to the base of the Sandias. The perspective is unique and unbelievable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.