FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ual Screws Up Special Request Meal What Should Compensation Be?
Old Jul 6, 2008, 2:37 am
PhlyingRPh
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Originally Posted by ckidder331
chalk it up to a lesson learned...bring your own food next time...
even though special meals are offered?

seriously, compensation for a missed meal...what have people come to...always wanting something...so when they run out of my beverage of choice, i should ask for somthing?...
Does your belief system require you to have a certain beverage and only that certain beverage after every meal? If so, and if you actually lived the tenets of your belief system, and if the airline agreed to have that beverage available for you, you would have cause to be upset.

we are a society of wants not needs...
If you live by your beliefs, and the airline offers to make a religiously compliant meal available and then there is nothing you can eat on the aircraft, it's a need rather than a want isn't it?

you dont deserve anything otuside of a sincere apology!
Perhaps. OTOH, how's about a class action lawsuit? It would probably have some merit too. Of all the airlines I have traveled on, I have found UA domestic flights to have the worse record of loading special meals. On occasions when changes to itineraries are necessary it's often the case that both meal options have meat of various types embedded in the meal such that one would not be able to make the meal religiously compliant if one tried.

stop the fleecing of this airline!
LOL. How is it fleecing the airline when the airline has promised to provide the religiously mandated meal that OP requested? It is easy to have the type of attitude you exhibit when you don't have any special needs.

Long live the fruit plate!

Last edited by PhlyingRPh; Jul 6, 2008 at 3:05 am Reason: content was a bit OTT to be honest - used words like nob end, etc