FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: oneworld / Explorer Awards Using AA Miles info
Old Jul 4, 2008, 3:02 pm
steve32

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, OW Sapphire, QF Bronze, Marriott Silver, Starwood Gold; National Emerald
Originally Posted by bombayhog
Good luck with finding availability!
Hear, hear!

OP has no room for flexability in routing, therefore I predict doom on your being able to actually score this.

Ideally my 6 stopover OW award trip last Fall would have been 11 segments. My final routing was the most efficient at 13 segments, and my parents had 15 segments (two different routes than myself, one with a 2 hour difference, the return home with a 17 hour difference--they landed 17 hours after me after departing from the final stopover a full 12 hours before me). I worked on that schedule with reservations for nearly six weeks, on the phone every night, though admittedly the vast majority of the time was spent working on getting business class award seats on flights into and out of Australia/New Zealand.

PLEASE track the number of phone calls, and total time on the phone with AA international reservations trying to book this, and post it back here.

It will save you time if you have potential flight carriers, flight numbers and departure times at the ready before you call.

Steve

Last edited by steve32; Jul 4, 2008 at 3:20 pm