FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ORD-DEN 3-class: Stupid decision?
View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2008, 7:02 am
baroqueboy

Programs: AAdvantage general member, UA MP general member
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Yep, both of those are very good seats, in my opinion.

No comment on your decision to pay for C and upgrade on such a short domestic flight though.

Enjoy your trip, if it's your first time I hope you'll be impressed!
Originally Posted by Randeman
Of course, if you do choose to do it the way you currently plan, it will really suck if they have a last minute aircraft substitution and it all turns out to be for naught.

Not to rain on your parade, or anything.
I didn't want an int'l C seat because they are so similar to the domestic F seats, which I don't care for. I would take them over Y on a transatlantic flight, but the purpose of doing what I did is to test the int'l F seats, which I have had NO experience with. Thank you lucky9876coins for telling me what I wanted to know.

I prepared for an equipment change by upgrading both ways, so there is little chance of my not sitting in 3 cabin F at all on this trip. Hopefully if there is a downgrade, it will be on the 767 leg so I can at least experience the F suite on the 777.

What do people think the chances are of UA giving back my miles if the equipment is downgraded and I have to sit in domestic F seats? It makes sense to me, since the C fare is about the same as a domestic F fare on the narrowbody flights, but who knows what UA would think.