FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ORD-DEN 3-class: Stupid decision?
View Single Post
Old Jul 3, 2008, 9:14 pm
PDXPremier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by baroqueboy
I just purchased a C class ticket ORD-DEN-ORD for July 30-August 2 on 3-cabin AC both ways. Outbound is a triple 7 and inbound is a 763. I cashed in 30k miles to upgrade both ways. I know that there is no soft product differentiation, but I have actually never been on an int'l flight and I wanted a taste of the F suites. This was a steep price to pay for a teenager with a summer job, but I want to see how good int'l F seats are. My experience will determine whether my family and I pay for Y and upgrade to C or pay for C and u/g to F when we go to europe next summer. That, of course, will not be at my expense. Am I crazy to go out of my way for a 777 suite and an old-school 763 seat for a 3 hour flight? Maybe, but I'm not going out of my way to undo what I've already gotten myself into. At this point, any advice on what seat to choose in the largely empty cabins would be appreciated. I'm currently in 3J outbound on the 777 and 2A inbound on the 763. This was decided based on SeatGuru, but I want to hear from people who fly these planes in F on a regular basis. If I should change my seats, please let me know. I'm traveling alone, and I'm looking for a quiet flight. Hopefully, I won't regret my very unusual and perhaps unwise decision.
That's barely a 2 hour (not a 3 hour) flight and I personally would not have spent 30K to upgrade a flight that short...those are e-500 type flights...although I have always wondered who actually sits in those F seats on such short flights other than connecting international F customers...buy a cheapo coach ticket, upgrade with 2 e-500's and enjoy...you'll have more miles and money leftover when it's all said and done Also, if you get a 747 from DEN-ORD as I did last January, the upper deck is all C