FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Airlines Sucks...Go UA Go!
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2003, 9:10 pm
CoMooter

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kokonutz:
...My point in this thread was not so much to bash your beloved. Only to fear the passing of mine. And lament that as so many former UA patrons jump ship now voluntarily but perhaps one day by necessity that they realize that the ships they are jumping to were designed by their grandfathers and built in Missouri 20 and 30 years ago.</font>
Koko:

Most AA flyers know 3 things about booking flights:

1) Avoid STL
2) Avoid STL
3) Avoid STL

Lambert is a dump (since NW's DTW move, IMHO the leading contender for the worst major city hub airport in the U.S.) thanks to Uncle Carl and a recent history of almost complete lack of regard by the city fathers of STL for the facility.

Ex-TW aircraft are not in the same league as AA's and should be avoided at all costs. TW MD-83's are on par in comfort (or lack thereof) with every other U.S. airline's MD-80's - but not with AA's which have been completely refurbished.

I still think that STL will pay off for AA (unless they suddenly get a lot more gates at ORD ) in the long run...but unless you are going to STL - or the Ozarks - avoid the airport (on any carrier) at all costs.