FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Parking at DFW - options, questions, suggestions
Old Jun 30, 2008, 1:30 pm
aamilesslave

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by oneant
As for the van frequency, I've found it's completely hit and miss. If I'm at the North lot, I'll see two South vans, 2 remote norths, and a remote south before my North van. Murphy's Law, I guess.
It does seem that on the occassions you wait longer than usual, you will see multiples of every other shuttle. Of course, you completely forget about the times when your shuttle is the first one you see .

My advise: give them a call as soon as you're on the escalator down to the lower level.

Originally Posted by swag
One issue w/ Parking Spot North is that there are no alternatives right nearby. I recall parking there once and getting the very last spot - it wasn't even really a regular spot, in their employee parking area. As I pulled into the driveway, they placed a cone behind me to stop any other prospective customers.
If the South is an option -- they have just opened a bunch of uncovered spots that are slowly filling up week-by-week, but still no where near full - hence the 20%/30% coupon I presume.

If you are flying during peak periods and want to reserve a spot for a nominal fee, that is also an option. (I've flown near peak periods, not necessarily during them, and have neven had a problem at South)