FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Continues to Adjust to Unprecedented Fuel Costs with Addition of Fuel Surcharge
Old Jun 27, 2008, 10:11 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by cynicalflyer
And so does any and every other change "apply" to miles earned previously. Under the Terms and Conditions, they can do that without notice.
"Delta and its program partners reserve the right to change program rules, benefits, regulations, Travel Awards, fees, mileage Award levels, and special offers at any time without notice. "
Stinks, but there you have it.
On the contrary, that's not it. I suggest understanding the concepts of "how some terms and conditions are not necessarily enforceable in all jurisdictions, with the legal concepts of contra proferentem, and with judicial determinations regarding contracts of adhesion".

Maybe, but that's not retroactivity, that's new activity in some respects.
It's retroactive application, as you seem to imply in your very own words above by saying "new activity in some respects" -- which suggests that it is mostly not "new activity".

Plus, as I noted above, they can change anything, anytime, without evne notice, with respect to "program rules, benefits, regulations, Travel Awards, fees, mileage Award levels, and special offers".
As I noted above, the above claim is not true anymore than one and all are willing to let it be. Again, some terms and conditions are not universally enforceable, and there is also the matter of how courts and administrative regulatory bodies deal with teh concepts of contra proferentem and contracts of adhesion as well.

Originally Posted by cyncialflyer
No one is more sick about this than me, but this is what we have to expect from SkyMiles from now on.
Some of us have expected this -- and even worse to come -- from DL.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 27, 2008 at 10:19 am