FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Continues to Adjust to Unprecedented Fuel Costs with Addition of Fuel Surcharge
Old Jun 27, 2008, 10:05 am
cynicalflyer

Originally Posted by GUWonder
It is retroactive in that it applies to miles already earned by SkyMiles members..
And so does any and every other change "apply" to miles earned previously. Under the Terms and Conditions, they can do that without notice.
"Delta and its program partners reserve the right to change program rules, benefits, regulations, Travel Awards, fees, mileage Award levels, and special offers at any time without notice. "
Stinks, but there you have it.

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Are you certain that for tickets issued before August 15th that voluntary award ticket reissues -- including for reroutings -- won't necessarily trigger the fuel surcharge?

I would not be surprised if a Skymiles member-initiated award ticket change after August 15th for tickets issued prior to that date would also trigger the fuel surcharges on tickets already issued or issued prior to August 15th.
Maybe, but that's not retroactivity, that's new activity in some respects. Plus, as I noted above, they can change anything, anytime, without evne notice, with respect to "program rules, benefits, regulations, Travel Awards, fees, mileage Award levels, and special offers".

No one is more sick about this than me, but this is what we have to expect from SkyMiles from now on.