FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Continues to Adjust to Unprecedented Fuel Costs with Addition of Fuel Surcharge
Old Jun 27, 2008, 10:03 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by pbarnette
Tell you what. If anybody successfully challenges this in court, I will eat my hat. It won't happen.
Did you already eat your hat? You fail to make reference to the class action lawsuit and settlements involving at least one US airline that showed how some terms and conditions are not necessarily enforceable in all jurisdictions and how the legal concepts of contra proferentem and judicial determinations regarding contracts of adhesion come into play -- as they have already at least once with a US airline.

Originally Posted by pbarnette
Do they really advertise it as "free"? By that, I mean, do they ever actually put out an ad that doesn't have the fine print of "taxes and fees may apply"?
See my previous comment? Just because a company such as this advertises one thing in a highlighted form and then tries to deny delivering, by hiding behind fine print or its structural equivalent, won't necessarily save a company such as this from being found to be engaged in wrongdoing.