FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Continues to Adjust to Unprecedented Fuel Costs with Addition of Fuel Surcharge
Old Jun 26, 2008, 1:02 pm
Helena Handbaskets

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Originally Posted by Carolinian
When they quote you a phony fare, this is nothing but dishonest, and the consumer protection agencies should jump down their throats on this fraud upon consumers. Fuel is an essential part of the basic product. Planes won't fly without it. Putting it on a seperate line down with the taxes is not an honest way to run a business. It belongs as part of the fare.

Maybe some class action lawyers would take note. I would not mind the $6.53 check for damages after hefty attorney fees are deducted or the coupon or whatever, just as long as this fraudulent fuel surcharge practice is shot down for good.
I believe it was on USAToday that I saw a headline indicating that the European Union has passed a law requiring EU-based airfares to be quoted with all surcharges included. I'm guessing this was more a reaction to all the hidden fees of the deep discounters like RyanAir and their ilk, but it's not irrelevant to the issue of separate fuel surcharges.