FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Continues to Adjust to Unprecedented Fuel Costs with Addition of Fuel Surcharge
Old Jun 26, 2008, 9:59 am
spleenstomper

Programs: DL, Hhonors Gold
O.K. I found the original post, which is on disboards budget board.

That OP said she got an e-mail from DISNEY that stated this:
While this isn't totally budget related, it s for those planning a trip and looking to book.

I have received the following email from Disney:

Delta Airlines has implemented a fuel surcharge. The new surcharge is $50.00 one way $100.00 round trip on domestic fares.

They have been given until Monday to ticket without the surcharge, so if you are in a Delta market, you may want to move quickly

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
So my guess is that Delta and Disney have some kind of travel-agency deal thing and Disney's prices are going up....

and

The prices mentioned are cumulative price increases from a specific date last year.

I'm declaring this "much ado about nothing"....

edited: I'm on the phone with Delta because Disney (I had to call anyway since we're going in December... has business to take care of... figured I'd ask while I was on the phone) insists this is true and not just for Disney. Unfortunately, I have an Indian agent who also seems to have a mush mouth in addition to a thick accent who seems to think this is a "promotion" and keeps wanting to transfer me to the "promotions" desk. LOL And I think I may have just signed up for something.......

Last edited by spleenstomper; Jun 26, 2008 at 10:16 am