FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ambassador proposal reboot
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2008, 7:47 am
Spiff
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by Punki
IMHO, the original proposal was elegantly simple: "If you want to be an Ambassador, tell a TalkBoard member. They will check with the moderator of the forum in question and if you are not a known axe murderer or a serial spammer, they will take a vote and in all likelihood you will become an Ambassador. If you screw up big time once you are on the job, you will most probably get fired".
That's really not the way I remember it.

Moreover, and I think this is the best part, if you don't like the decisions of the TalkBoard, you can question them, argue with them, publicly post about how upset you are, or even boot the bums out of office next fall.
Not all 'bums' are up for election next fall. Let's drop the off-topic electioneering, shall we?

To paraphrase the honorable Mr. Churchill, "The original proposal was the worst suggestion I have ever read, except for all the rest of them that have been proposed."
Poor Mr. Churchill. You've used his words most inaccurately twice in this thread. FlyerTalk is not a democracy and only 1 proposal was written because it was tasked to you and lucky9876coins. You failed to listen to input from your fellow TalkBoard members and from the public. As a result, this poor proposal was defeated 2-7, which is one of the largest margins of defeat for a TalkBoard proposal. You've tried to blame politics, now you're claiming that it was the best proposal since it was the only one written?

Above all else, you have to love the democratic system that governs all TalkBoard activities. It allows me, as a TalkBoard member, to post my honest opinions, and also simultaneously allows each and every one of you who happens to disagree with me, to do so publicly, without any fear of recrimination of any kind, and that is a beautiful thing. ^
Thanks again for reposting what you posted earlier.

Last edited by Spiff; Jun 26, 2008 at 8:55 am