FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ambassador proposal reboot
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2008, 5:05 am
Punki
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Actually, our most brilliant and esteemed colleague kokonutz made a yeoman's effort at trying to take all of the control concerns into account in drafting his reboot. Sadly, the result, was even more muddled confused and convoluted than the original proposal. That assessment is not meant to be a criticism of koko, but just, a statement of fact. Once we start to try to incorporate all of the rules and riders suggested, presumably to maintain some sort of uber control, the proposal simply became to cumbersome to reasonably implement.

IMHO, the original proposal was elegantly simple: "If you want to be an Ambassador, tell a TalkBoard member. They will check with the moderator of the forum in question and if you are not a known axe murderer or a serial spammer, they will take a vote and in all likelihood you will become an Ambassador. If you screw up big time once you are on the job, you will most probably get fired".

Moreover, and I think this is the best part, if you don't like the decisions of the TalkBoard, you can question them, argue with them, publicly post about how upset you are, or even boot the bums out of office next fall.

To paraphrase the honorable Mr. Churchill, "The original proposal was the worst suggestion I have ever read, except for all the rest of them that have been proposed."

Above all else, you have to love the democratic system that governs all TalkBoard activities. It allows me, as a TalkBoard member, to post my honest opinions, and also simultaneously allows each and every one of you who happens to disagree with me, to do so publicly, without any fear of recrimination of any kind, and that is a beautiful thing. ^