FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Milan, Italy [Master Thread]
Old Jun 25, 2008, 11:57 pm
rajman

Programs: AA, SPG, Southwest
Reviews of Westin Palace and Le Meridien Gallia

Had two nights at each of the hotels - thought I would share my thoughts for those interested. I am Starwood Gold (from credit card). Stayed with Cash & Points.

Got into Milan early morning and got to Gallia at 10 a.m. Gave them my Starwood Gold card (remembered to bring it, thought it would work better). It was well before check-in time but the lady at the desk apologized about ont having a room, then called someone and said "Gold" and then a manager type came to greet me, apologize for no room, and then took us to the bar and offered us a free breakfast. A strange, but very nice thing, since we had no right to an early room. The room itself was reasonable. Nice main room, bathroom is nice if not overly large. Comfortable to stay in. Location is great if you need to get to and from Central Station or if you plan on using the Metro a lot. Not much to do otherwise in immediate area. Concierge was very helpful especially in helping us get to our next destination. I would say they were invaluable - I wanted to send them a commendation but can't find an e-mail address.

Also stayed at Westin Palace. Less boutiquey hotel, more western appearing lobby. The room is more "grand" (quite a chandeleir) with a nicer bathroom. As Gold got upgraded to a view of the Duomo which is a great view. I was happy overall with the room but the A/C wasn't quite strong enough and I couldn't sleep well that night at all. Surrounding area is also slow, but I did the walk to the duomo and it was reasonable and felt safe. Metro is also nearby. Ate at the restaurant which is terribly expensive but was actually quite good so I recommend that.

Overall, I don't think you can go wrong with either - if you find either for a good deal, take it. They both appreciate SPG Gold which is appreciated by me.