FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stupid things you've heard other passengers/travellers say...
Old Jun 25, 2008, 8:17 pm
Fraser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Talking Stupid things you've heard other passengers/travellers say...

Was on a flight from DFW-ANC yesterday and as we were in the last hour or so of the flight the view over the mountains of Alaska was pretty amazing...on the starboard side of the aircraft. Alas my wife and I were on the port side. We could see the passengers all looking out of the window on that side. The guy seated in front of me was leaned round and I joked, 'We got a better view of Oklahoma City than they did though'. He mumbled something about the Grand Canyon and I said I'd seen it a few times when flying cross country to Los Angeles. He said, 'Oh no, I saw it on this flight just when we left Dallas'

I didn't want to be that pedantic guy off the plane so just kept quiet and sounded surprised...Here's a map of our flight course
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/A...103Z/KDFW/PANC

Also the previous day my wife and I were in Chicago and walked out to Navy Pier to get some pictures of the skyline. There was a young family and the father was standing and waiting a few seconds for a small group of clouds to clear. As they did he pointed at the John Hancock Center and said, 'Look there, that building is the Sears Tower' In his defence the Sears Tower from Navy Pier is slightly hidden behind a few other tall buildings between the pier and the buildings but still...