FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RA Exp end of month?
View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2008, 4:40 am
MXM135

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by paulmoscow
I'm afraid life is not that rosy. The status in the ICHG system will be downgraded before the end of month and it's the first place to check for any hotel employee. From the other hand, my understanding is your status is attached to a reservation at the moment it was made and won't automatically change in the future. So at the very least you won't get the RA bonus, but also may need to fight for minibar charges.
Just like any card with an expiry date, benefits must be honoured until the final date, regardless of what IHG's system does. e.g. AAA/CAA membership card; credit cards; gift cards, etc.

In addition to the information I received from Ambassador Services, I was present at an Intercontinental hotel where a guest checked in before me whose RA membership was expiring at the end of the month. When he presented his card, he reminded the hotel that he was entitled to his benefits as there was still a week to go on his current status. The employee checked the card and agreed and stated that he was entitled to his benefits.

mxm135