FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at DEN
Thread: Cars at DEN
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2008, 7:37 pm
ord_is_home

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT (2 MM); Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
I just arrived in DEN today and rented my first National car there after good experiences in MSP and ATL the last few weeks. I am Emerald Club and expected to see nice cars in the Exec Selection area, but when the bus dropped me off the pickings were quite slim... well, slim for me as I had reserved a Premium and I saw maybe two Toyota Avalons on the lot. There were two new Malibus that looked to be fully loaded, but had already been taken. Also saw many G6s, Chevy HHRs, Chrysler Sebrings... and 1 Pontiac G8. I started to get my luggage in the G8 until I realized it wasn't the GT version (V8), so I was getting ready to switch to an Avalon when an attendant brought a shiny Volvo V70 from the wash... so I jumped in that one and drove off! ^

So DEN looked to me like the other National locations I have rented from... many GM and Chrysler cars, plus a smattering of nicer, better-equipped cars like Avalons, Malibus and the occasional Volvo. I guess my suggestion to the OP is... if you don't like what you see on the lot, wait a bit and see what the attendants bring up!