FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE : Le Meridien Khao Lak, Thailand (leaving Starwood 31 Oct 2014) [Master Thread]
Old Jun 20, 2008, 10:37 am
opushomes

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
Not at all facetious

Originally Posted by Arandora
Sorry,
Didn't realise you were being facetious as opposed to giving genuine advice to someone who had never driven in Thailand before.
I stand by my comments as I expect will the other posters. My advice is absolutely genuine in respect to driving conditions in Thailand. For some reason, Northern Thailand around Chaing Mai and Chaing Rai seems to have more of the behavior described than the area around Phuket, but it happens all over the country.

The absolute rule of the road is the biggest guy has the right-of-way.

It appears that you are skeptical of our comments, but having driven in Central London, Rome, Athens, Panama City last week, Boston, New York and the Garden State of New Jersey and Paris as well as all over Italy (least we ignore South Florida), Thailand is more sane than these locations. My suggestion is that perhaps you skip the driving and hire a taxi if you are timid in terms of driving.

Now back to the discussion of Le Meridien Khao Lak.

Last edited by opushomes; Jun 20, 2008 at 10:51 am Reason: to add comments on Europe and Americas