FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Westin New York at Times Square, NY, 2007 onward [Master Thread]
Old Jun 19, 2008, 9:46 pm
jmiyazawa

Stayed here for three nights last month. Got upgraded to Club level room as a Gold, which was surprising. Club lounge is nice with one of the better breakfast spreads I've seen, including oatmeal and frisbee-sized bagels. The iMac is a nice touch (and internet access was free). Two nits, one small and one not so small:

1. TV reception was oddly spotty - sometimes no ABC, sometimes no CBS. Might have been because rain/storms affected satellite reception - not sure. Not really a big deal since we were hardly in the room.

2. Concierge arranged car service to take us to JFK. Confirmed 1:00 pick up time with the concierge that day, but the car never showed. Wound up taking a cab instead. Left a message for the Service Manager, who called me back an hour later and told me the car service had the pick up scheduled for 2:00, not 1:00. She wasn't sure where the comms breakdown took place but offered a very generous slug of SPG points for the inconvenience, which I did not solicit but which was very appreciated.

Service was friendly, room was large, and we rarely waited for an elevator. All in all, solid property, and we'll definitely be back.