FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEC Shutdown delayed Two Days
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2008, 2:24 pm
BeantownFlyer

Originally Posted by PhilaBurbTom
How is this affecting the Shoreline Metro North section to OSB.
Well there is nothing on the Metro North or Metro North Shoreline websites, and while Amtrak's website makes mention of the Boston Commuter Rail, it does not address your question. This is the only detail I could find, some of which suggests there is some service to OSB (not sure how you cross a bridge that isnt there, but I am sure Amtrak will think about that at some point...):

Tuesday through Friday, June 24 through 27

All Acela Express service is canceled north of New York City. (Acela will operate normally between New York and Washington.)
Three Northeast Regional round-trips will operate between New York and Boston via Hartford and Springfield (the “Inland Route”), offering coach, business class and café service.
Bus operators are being contacted for limited connecting bus services between Rhode Island points and New Haven. Bus schedules will be announced when they become available.
Three daily round-trip trains will operate between New London, Conn., and New Haven, with an intermediate stop at Old Saybrook, Conn. These trains will connect at New Haven with other Amtrak trains to points west and south, and two of the three trains will accommodate Connecticut DOT monthly ticket holders.
One round-trip train will operate between Westerly, RI and Boston, operating in the morning northbound and the evening southbound.
During the bridge outage, no Amtrak service will be provided at Route 128, Mass. to points south, and passengers are directed to either Providence or Boston. MBTA service between Providence and Boston will operate normal service during the outage.
During the bridge outage, no service will be offered at Westerly, R.I. to points west and south.
Mystic, Conn., will have neither bus nor train service during the outage, and passengers should go to New London or Westerly.
Saturday, June 28
Regularly scheduled service resumes (except for train 195 and 99, which will have modified schedules.)
During the bridge outage, Amtrak personnel and signs will be utilized to assist passengers with the adjusted schedules at stations along the Shoreline Route.