View Single Post
Old Jun 17, 2008, 5:01 pm
aaupgrade

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by annerj
So they just decline the purchase?
Yes.

Originally Posted by annerj
Not cool if you ask me. The way Citi and MBNA have handled it for me is that they CALL and ask if I'm making the charge. In all but one case I was (I know its tricky but the way things go these days its not uncommon to be making a purchase in a few different states in the same couple hours).
So what happens if you don't answer your phone? Like in an area with no service, or oversees where your phone doesn't work (like Japan, or other countries if you use Verizon/Sprint CDMA phones)? I like the calling idea. I think I will talk to Chase about that. It doesn't solve the Japan issue though.

FWIW, last week I made charges in HI, TX, VA, and Paris all within 48 hours with no questions asked. BTW, when I say I call Chase when I am going overseas, I don't call them for trips to Europe, North America or Central America all of which I travel frequently. I also order coffee direct from Costa Rica twice each year and a number of years back they used to decline those charges until I went irate on them a few years ago, but that had to do with no swipe or 3 digit security code used from the back of the card since I never have any problems charging when I travel to Costa Rica. They keep pretty good track of purchase patterns IMO.

Last edited by aaupgrade; Jun 17, 2008 at 5:11 pm