FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - marriott/marriott visa card
View Single Post
Old Jun 17, 2008, 3:07 pm
aaupgrade

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Yes, you are upset at Marriott for no reason.

The only folks you could be upset with is Chase. However in my personal experiences, Chase has saved me 3 times thanks to their very efficient fraud department. Once in March of 2007 when I went to fill my rental car up with gas (in Colorado) and it was rejected, only to find out someone was charging things to my Visa at Walgreens in Florda. Again this past February, in Colorado, when it was rejected because someone made and was attempting to make more charges in New York. Then again a month ago in the middle of the night when I was ordering a replacement refrigerator since mine had quite working, and someone was attempting to make charges for $11,000+ to a pet supply store. Also it is normal for me to notify my CC companies when I travel oversees. Everyone learns this eventually and usually the way you just did, and the way I did many years ago. Any time it does happen to you, all you have to do is call Chase Visa at the number printed on the back of the card, verify who you are throgh a number of security questions, and then they will clear the fraud hold and you can have the hotel charge your card. Standard SOP.

Last edited by aaupgrade; Jun 17, 2008 at 3:13 pm