FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - marriott/marriott visa card
View Single Post
Old Jun 17, 2008, 2:53 pm
arubalad

Programs: continental united starwood hilton marriott
Angry marriott/marriott visa card

I checked into the marriott in quito (nice hotel) and went to my room to unpack and rest. I received a call from the front desk saying my marriott visa
(which had a credit balance of about $900.00) was declined because of credit.
Even though I knew this made no sense I was mortified and upset to have to go to the front desk for this reason.
I presented them with my ax card (of course no proplem) and then being irate I called long distance to the visa office in the states.
The representative informed me that 1. it was not a credit problem, but a security problem 2. If I travel I should call them.by not calling them it was my fault. When asked why they did not tell the hotel it was a security issue, the response was this is how we do it. No apology to me at all.
I e-mailed Marriott and their response was, they have nothing to do with credit card problems, take it up with visa and I should know the security regulations regarding the card. I e-mailed Marriott back, saying I was not happy with their response. I CANCELLED THE CARD but am still upset by what I consider the cavalier treatment by a hospitality company. Am I upset for no reason?