FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Munich / München, Germany [Master Thread]
Old Jun 17, 2008, 2:31 pm
zipadee

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We had a one night stay here between train and plane. The hotel is extremely convenient for that.

We were given an upgrade to a junior suite, facing the courtyard. It was a spacious room, though the sofa appeared to be a futon and was not the best. We had Hermes toiletries in the bathroom. The maids cart had no Hermes on it, so it is possible you need the upgrade to receive them. We were glad to have the very quiet inward facing room. We could see two areas for eating in the courtyard, one a tablecloth area, the other very relaxed. The hotel has ice machines, which is great for this American.

There are two computers free for use in an alcove just behind the front desk. There is also a cord there where you can hook up your own computer.

The bellman who works day duties was a star. He is Nigerian, very warm and friendly, and takes joy in putting a smile on guests' faces.

There was a wonderful doner place in the next block, great for take away, as well as a lot of good fruit stands.
]

I wish I had known about the alcove when I was there last year. I could have used the computer.

I second your praise of the bellman. He is one of the best bellman's I have ever seen. I thought the front desk staff was quite good, especially when it came to the transportation. I liked the location too. I must say I really liked the bathroom. It was by far the best we saw in our stay in Europe. We had a corner room overlooking the courtyard, one of the higher floors. Room was ready at 8 a.m. when we arrived. I could sing the praises of this LM for hours. We loved our stay and I'd love to return.

If I wanted to go for O'fest in 2009, when can I start booking or is already open? And realistically what should I expect to pay?