FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA Today on TSA's new badges
View Single Post
Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:14 am
Cee

Originally Posted by ButIsItArt
Heavens no...come to think of it, flashing a badge in front of those punkazzes (who probably wouldn't have been able to discern a TSA badge from any other badge) might have given them a well-needed brick in the trousers. But seriously, when I think of rogue screeners flashing a badge, I think more of using it for unauthorized free passage on the Metro, or worse, such as confiscating property.
I know I am getting OT here, but the TSA here pays for my train/bus pass. I don't know if they do it everywhere, but riding the train or bus is really the only way to get to the airport (or I could pay to park at the terminal for $25 a shift). Also, they have started a program (can't remember the correct acronym, but we call it Viper) and TSO's actually ride the trains for visual prescence (or something like that).
I can see a TSO wrongfully flashing their badge to get out of speeding tickets, to impress girls at a bar, or some other stupid thing like that. It won't be long after the badges are issued that something stupid does happen.