FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Miyako, Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]
Old Jun 16, 2008, 7:43 am
troyb

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by b8b
I can't be more angry about the shuttle. It's been full twice and they made us wait 30 minutes for the next one without so much as a real apology (IMO, they should have paid for a cab for us). We've missed the last shuttle twice by a few minutes (the last one runs at 6:30 PM from Kyoto Station, even though other hotels have shuttles running much later) and they will drop you off at two places in between the Westin and Kyoto Station but will NOT pick you back up there due to some silly Japanese law enacted as of June 1, 2008 (or something). Today, we quite literally missed the last shuttle by two minutes. $17 cab ride back or subway (that's twice now), and we didn't beat the shuttle
This makes me mad because I was depending on it to get to the hotel. I arrive at KIX around 7:45pm and planned on taking the train to Kyoto station then the shuttle. If I'm already going to have to take a taxi part way, might have to consider just taking it all the way.