FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Strange Complaints from Fellow Pax
View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2008, 9:41 am
topflyer78

Talking if any problems, just call the FA and ask who is right...

1) Once on AF long-haul in Y a woman complained that my hand baggage was taking too much space and she could not fit hers, and demanded that I help her find a place for her baggage, or move mine. I smiled, called the flight attendant, and the flight attendant said it was not my job to help her and my baggage should stay where it was.

2) Once on NZ long-haul also in Y, the guy behind me complained that I recliend my seat, as I was tryign to sleep. I ignored him, simply pressed the attendant call button, when the FA came I pointed at him, he complained that I was reclining, and she said "he has a right to recline his seat, and you too..."

3) Once on SU long-haul, a woman behind me also complained and shouted that I was reclining my seat. The hostess was less polite than on other airplanes and said to her "there are some seats at the back if you want".

4) Once on AF, the FA actually asked me "can you put your seat up while the person behind you is working ?". I asked "is this an instruction, or a suggestion ?". The answer was of course that it is not an instruction, they cannot instruct me not to recline (whcih I would comply with). So I repled "sorry but he wants to work and I want to sleep, I will recline".

5) Again in AF, the woman behind me complained that because I was reclining, she could not hold her large newspaper open and read it. I said "well, maybe the FA can help you fix that". She did not call the FA, and kept putting her newspaper on my seat on purpose. So I just put my head firmly against my seat with the tip of her newspaper in between, until she tried to turn the page and of coruse it ripped... and she remained quiet for the rest of the flight.